Little Monsters

Castiel was sitting in the motel room, waiting for Dean and Sam to get back from their latest hunt. None of them knew what was going on in this small town but they knew something was off. People had been disappearing from thin air and a lot of kids have just been showing up out of no where. It had been almost two hours since the brothers left the motel, Cas was trying not to worry too much. Suddenly there was a knock on the door, Cas looked through the peephole.(is that what its called?) He saw Sam standing there holding a sleepy child, Cas unlocked the door and opened it.

"Hey Cas" Sam said as he came in with the little kid.

"What happened? Where is Dean?" Cas asked.

"Well we still have no idea what it could be but we know what happened to the people who are disappearing. Whatever it is, it's turning people into kids." Sam answered.

"Wait, that's Dean?" Cas pointed at the little boy that Sam was laying on the bed.

"Yeah, he doesn't remember much though, just stuff from when we were younger."  Sam said as he sat down, running his fingers through his hair.

"What does he remember then?" Cas asked.

"He remembers our parents, me being born, our house back in Kansas, and that's all i know so far" Sam replied.

"So he's innocent?" Cas asked, Sam nodded since it was technically true.

Sam sighed. "Cas, what are we going to do? We don't know what we're dealing with, Dean is four and doesn't remember anything. This whole thing is a mess"

"Yes, it is. But we still have a job to do." Cas said.

"We can't leave Dean here by himself though. I'll call Bobby to help me with this one while you watch Dean." Sam suggested.

"I'm not the greatest with kids, Sam" Cas replied, looking over to the small boy.

"You'll be fine, it's Dean." Sam said as he grabbed his phone and headed towards the door.

"Good luck" Sam opened the door and left.

Cas looked towards the innocent boy that was taking a nap. Cas thought he was cute when he was an adult, but seeing him as a kid just made him want to explode. Cas sat on the bed that Dean was sleeping on.

"He's just an sweet, innocent, child." Cas said a loud to no one. After a few minutes of silence, Dean sat up and sleepily rubbed his eye.

"Where my mommy and daddy?" Little Dean asked, looking up at Cas. Cas awkwardly looked at Dean

"Uh.. They're out right now..they'll be back soon." Cas awkwardly answered.

"What about Sammy?" Dean asked.

"He's with your parents too.." Cas replied, little Dean crawled over to sit by Cas.

"Can we play a game?" Dean asked.

"Uh..yeah..what do you want to play?" Cas was awkwardly looking at little Dean.

"Hide and seek!" Dean jumped off the bed. "You're it first!" Dean grabbed Cas's hands and pushed them to his eyes, trying to cover Cas's eyes. "Count to 20!" And with that little Dean ran away from Cas, Cas closed his eyes and began to count. After the 20 seconds he stood up and started to look around the motel room.

Cas had already searched most of the room and hadn't found Dean. "Dean? Where are you?" He asked a loud, concerned that he had lost the young boy. An idea popped in Cas's head that he didn't like, Cas slowly looked towards the door to see that it was half open.

"Son of a bitch.." Cas said a loud, usually it was Dean's catchphrase but Dean was probably running around the motel. He quickly grabbed the motel room keys and ran out fo look for him.

Cas first checked the lobby where you check in, he even checked the back room that he wasn't supposed to be in. He then started walking around outside, he couldn't find anything that could even point him in the direction of the child. He looked in unlocked rooms the young child could get in, but still no little Dean. Where was this kid? While Cas was looking, it started to rain, he needed to find Dean but maybe he went back to the room? Cas headed back into the room, he heard giggling from under okie of the bed as he came in.

"Dean?" Cas asked a loud as he bent down, under the bed was a little Dean, of course the one place Cas didn't check. Dean climbed out from under the bed.

"You found me, that took forever! I win!" Dean happily said, Cas chuckled.

"Yes, you did." Cas had a smile on his face, as the two looked at each other, there was loud thunder from outside.

"Ah!" Dean yelled, he quickly hugged Cas.

"I-I uh.." Cas didn't know what to say, he could tell Dean was scared but wasn't good with emotions. He awkwardly gave Dean a hug. "It's alright, Dean. It was just thunder."

"Why is thunder so scary?" Dean asked.

"It's loud and comes after a big flash of light." Cas responded. Dean gave him a confused look before yawning. "Are you tired?" Cas asked, Dean nodded. Cas stood up and lifted Dean up.

"I don't wanna sleep" Dean said rubbing his eye.

"Well you need to if you are tired." Cas laid dean down on the bed.

"Can you read me a bed time story?" Dean asked.

"Uh..sure, what story would you like to hear?" Cas asked.

"I don't know, maybe one up!" Dean replied. Cas sat next to Dean as he thought for a minute. As Cas was thinking, Dean went and sat on Cas's lap, making Cas blush bright red.

"Alright..Once upon a time, there was a prince named Dean. Dean liked to go in adventures with his younger brother and help people from all over his kingdom. One day he falls into trouble with a demon, at the last possible moment a knight came and saved him" As Cas told his story, Dean leaned against him and started to close his eyes.

"Dean thanked the knight for his help and asked him to join him and his brother. The knight agreed and stayed with the two brothers. As they all became closer, the knight began to fall in love with the prince-" There was a cute snore from the young boy leaning against him, Dean had fallen asleep. Cas smiled as he looked at a younger version of the man he loved. His eyes slowly closed, angels don't need sleep but for some reason he felt tired. The angel and young boy both fell asleep with smiles on their faces.

In the morning

Cas opened his eyes sluggishly, he remembered last night very well, little Dean had fallen asleep during his story. Something was off this morning though, he looked down to see the young boy that was on his lap was now the man he loved. Dean was leaning against Cas's chest with a smile on his face.

"You both were smiling when I came in" Sam said, sitting at the table across from the bed.

"When did you get back?" Cas asked.

"A few hours ago, I thought I would let you two sleep." Sam smiled. "You two are cute together though."