Chapter 14

Striding with pride I reached the ground just in time to see Moony transform and everyone's eyes were trained on me...or the white lioness.

Soon, I saw Black transform into a black dog. The werewolf's eyes were trained on me as I crouched, ready to pounce.

As everyone stood where they were, still in shock seeing some random lioness on the school boundaries at the right time, I launched myself forward and pushed the werewolf back and chased it into the forbidden forest.

And like the fool he is, Sirius ran to the lake in search of Pettigrew.

As soon as I knew Moony was deep in the forest and away from any human contact and safe, I turned around and ran for the lakeshore but stopped in between to transform into my human form and then rushed to Sirius who was surrounded by almost hundreds of Dementors.

A happy thought. I racked my brain for one and then the thought of going back home resurfaced and I snapped my wand out.

"Expecto Patronum!" I exclaimed and produced a non-corporeal Patronus, giving Sirius a few minutes of relaxation.

Harry and Hermione joined us at the shore, looking bewildered at my presence.

I couldn't hold off the Dementors for too long. I felt all my energy being drained out, but I stood my ground for a few minutes before I collapsed on the ground in front of Sirius.

I woke up to a roar of fury. Madam Pomfrey rushed to my side, checking a deep gash across my ribcage.

"What the-?" I breathed. She glared at the door.

"HE DIDN'T DISAPPARATE!" Snape's yelling was the only thing I could hear, the rest all were muffled for me due to a buzzing sound, "YOU CAN'T APPARATE OR DISAPPARATE INSIDE THIS CASTLE! THIS - HAS - SOMETHING - TO - DO - WITH - POTTER!"

My eyes searched for (BF/N) who walked towards me. "They did it"

I sighed out of relief and turned my attention back to Snape whole was yelling like a madman.

I closed my eyes leaning my head back on my pillow.

Goodness...how much I wish I just stayed in this year forever or just skip the next year.

Just recalling the thought of next year brought tears to my eyes. Gods, it's going to be one hella emotional year.

The first thing I did after I was allowed to leave the hospital wing was to visit Moony.

"Hey Moony," I said softly as I entered his office to see him pack his trunk.

He looked at me, grinning, a twinkle in his eyes that made me reciprocate his facial expression.

"Hey kid, Madam Pomfrey allowed you to leave the hospital wing this soon? She never allowed me"

"Well, what can I say, Lupin, I am awesome," I said as I flipped my hair.

Moony threw his head back and laughed and soon I joined him too. Once our laughter subsided into chuckles, "You don't know how much you reminded me of Sirius all this year"

"Ah, how can you Moony!? I am not that dramatic"

"Please! If I have to I would say your even more dramatic than him"

"Rude" I mumbled as he chuckled.

"Oh and sorry I had to chase you into the woods."

"It's alright, kid, I mean I would have rather suggested that than having me there. And I always had a hunch that you were doing something illegal"

"Ilegal!?"

He raised his eyebrow. "What? Are you registered?"

"No, I mean, I-"

"Exactly"

I huffed. "But really, (Y/N), I have to the credits seeing you are an animagi in your third year, that's a great accomplishment."

I blushed and scratched my neck. He walked to his trunk and pulled out the book.

"Here," Remus said as he handed the book to me.

"It's really cool, you know when you're in your favorite fictional place, but it's not always cool if that makes any sense"

"Absolutely," he said as he walked over to me, "Even I wouldn't like that"

I smiled as I opened my arms hesitantly, "A hug?"

He smiled as he pulled me into a hug patting the top of my head. "You're cool. Except for that overly sassy and unwantedly talking mouth of yours."

I pulled away and glared at him. "I hate you."

Remus shrugged, smirking, "And, keep updating me of your love life."

"Moony!"

I boarded the train, heaving my trunk. "Wanna hand?"

I jumped slightly and clenched my jaw. "Diggory, what did I tell you last time?"

"Um, sneak up on me again"

"After that?" I asked through gritted teeth.

"And the consequences will be amazing"

I glared at the Hufflepuff. "Oh, come on! I just wanted to help the damsel in distress"

"No damsel is in distress, Diggory"

"It sure doesn't look it."

I sighed. "Your impossible"

He chuckled as he carried the trunk for me.

(BF/N) smirked looking at Cedric behind me who still carried my trunk. "Go in or I am keeping the trunk here itself"

I scoffed. "You're speaking as if I asked you to bring it, Diggory"

"Come on, (Y/L), don't be a spoilsport."

I stared at him in disbelief before sighing in defeat. "Diggory, keep the bag here and get out!"

"Sorry, love," he said as he placed the trunk inside and left the cart.

My eyes wide, I pointed back at the window. "Did he just say that aga-?"

(BF/N) smirk just widened as she laughed, nodding her head.

"Gods!"

I jumped into my brother's arms. "Hello, idiot!"

"Hi stupid! How are you? Did you get my chocolate frog?"

"Yep!" I reached into my bag to pull out a chocolate frog, "Uh, wait, I need your headphones first"

He rolled his eyes. "Yeah, I will give, first give me my chocolate."

He dived forward to snatch the chocolate from me but I leaned back in his arms keeping it out of his reach.

"Nuh huh, Mister. Me want your headphones first"

"Fine!" he huffed.

I chuckled. "You are a giant five-year-old, (B/N)"

"Shut it"

"Wait, one second"

I saw Harry with his uncle next to us and I excused myself out of my brother's embrace and walked towards him to hear, "He was my mum and dad's best friend. He's a convicted murderer, but he's broken out of wizard prison and he's on the run. He likes to keep in touch with me, though... keep up with my news... check if I'm happy..."

I burst out laughing.