Chapter 4

A/N We are just gonna pretend here that (Y/N) is the chaser of the Gryffindor team.

Quidditch. My personal favorite, so how on heaven and earth wouldn't I be in the team? I was the chaser for the Gryffindor team. Amazing, isn't it? No, not when your quidditch captain is Oliver Wood.

"This is our last chance - my last chance - to win the Quidditch Cup," he told us, pacing in front of us. "I'll be leaving at the end of this year. I'll never get another shot at it. Gryffindor hasn't won for seven years now. Okay, so we've had the worst luck in the world - injuries - then the tournament getting called off last year. But we also know we've got the best - ruddy - team - in - the - school. We've got three superb Chasers."

I felt my cheeks heat up as I tugged on my jersey sleeves.

"We've got two unbeatable Beaters."

"Stop it, Oliver, you're embarrassing us," Fred and George said, pretending to blush but doing an awful facial seizure.

"Have I ever told you two how disgusting you are?" I mumbled.

They both dramatically placed their hands over their hearts in fake hurt and took their arms, which were draped over my shoulder, back to their sides.

"George heard what she said?"

"Definitely. How could I not?"

"Only pretty boy looks good for you"

I whipped my head so fast at Fred's direction that I was afraid I would have whiplash. I opened and closed my mouth like fish, staring at the smirk on his face.

Someone cleared their throat at the front of the room as I slowly looked to find a furious looking Oliver Wood.

Smiling sheepishly I edged forward and coughed awkwardly. He was glaring at me and I knew I had to say something to make him believe that we would win.

"Uhm, we have an awesome seeker," I pointed back at harry, "We will definitely win the match, Wood, don't worry."

"Not if you keep speaking"

"Well, just so you know, speaking is a vital aspect of a human. But honestly, we have got an amazing team, an amazing captain-"

I suddenly stopped talking as I looked through the window to find a group of Hufflepuffs boys laughing as they walked past the quidditch stands, one standing out. I clenched my jaw and looked back, blinking twice before I continued,

"Uh, yeah and we have weeks left for training, so, you know the chances are high of us winning." I lied through my teeth and shivered as a chill ran down my spine.

"So," I motioned to the door behind me in order to let them know I am done talking and want to practice, they nodded as they followed me shouting determined words.

Cedric sat nearby the quidditch field observing the way we practiced which I noticed just because I was flying so high I could see a wide range of areas alongside the quidditch pitch.

I felt a presence next to me as I walked to the changing room. "Hey, um, are you busy right now?" Cedric asked.

I looked at his grey eyes and just knew why he was asking if he asked so. I sighed knowing this conversation was inevitable.

"Yeah"

"So, can you meet me at the Astronomy tower after an hour?"

"You know Diggory, if I didn't know why you are asking me this, there is no way in hell the answer is going to be yes" I smirked.

"But you know. So your gonna come"

"Didn't know Cedric Diggory could be so cocky"

"Well, expect the unexpected"

I looked at him surprised. "Wow, you're proving me wrong in so many ways"

He shrugged as he started walking backward, "Astronomy tower, in half an hour" he shouted loudly.

"Shout even louder, let the whole Hogwarts hear it"

He chuckled as he left.

Lucky me (cue the eye roll), the twins heard what he was saying as they fell in place next to me. "No. Not a single word"

The common room was a mess when I entered. "What the hell!?"

(BF/N) Looked at me eyes wide as she shook her and started to walk towards me.

"The usual."

"Ah, yeah."

"Are you sure you're not coming to the first Hogsmeade trip?"

"Nah, I told Minnie about it too"

"Really? Minnie?"

I shrugged. "Oh, and I am going out now."

"Out where?"

"I will tell you after I come. In a bit of a hurry." I smiled sheepishly as she narrowed her eyes.

"I love you. Bye," I shouted after me as I exited the common room and made my way to the astronomy tower.

Cedric was already leaning against a railing, staring at the sunsetting sky, by the time I came. Stuffing my hands into my pocket I walked to stand beside him.

"Hey, (Y/N)" I stared at him utterly confused.

"How do you know my name? Like even the other day" I pointed behind me as if the memory was right behind me.

He smirked. "Reasons."

I rolled my eyes as we fell into an awkward silence.

"Heard the rumors," he said as my breath hitched remembering that day but managed to hide it from him.

"Quite later than I expected."

"Why?"

I raised my eyebrows. "What why?"

"You know your boggart. Why did it, you know?"

I stared into his grey orbs. My mind was messed up, a part of me wanted to tell him the whole story and beg him not to participate in that tournament, the other part of me wanted to snap at him and the other one wanted to joke. So, I decided, maybe, after all, Humour was an escape for things.

I hummed, smirking. "Let me think," I paused for dramatic effects, "Reasons"

His face had a gentle smile on them as he turned back to the now twilight sky. "Your answer didn't suffice me-"

"Just like how yours didn't."

"I am gonna let it go for now but remember I am still unaware of the reasons"

I badly wanted to break down. I took a deep breath, composing myself as I leaned against the railing.

"Do you think I don't want to tell you?" He started to speak before I interrupted him, "No, that's a rhetorical question. I do. I want to tell you, but I can't, I shouldn't. But I will answer your question, I promise, just not now"

"Then when?"

I shrugged feeling as if I knew the answer but didn't dare utter it. That evening ended soon and a lot different than how I expected it to go.