LakeCloud's Demise

BlackJay's POV

My amber gaze burned into the sky from where I sat beside LakeCloud, my pelt fluffed up against a cold gust of wind that attacked the cave's entrance.

There was roughly a few tail-lengths of ledge ahead of our paw-tips, and from there, it fell down at least 30 foxlengths, back to the bottom of the Mountain.

I was to busy Star-gazing to notice LakeCloud had teetered forward, when I heard her paralyzing screech snap me from my thoughts.

"LakeCloud!" My voice wailed into the darkness, as her tail tip vanished over the ledge.

Forgetting about everything, I barreled over the ledge, skidding my way down the mountain's steep sides. "LakeCloud!" I wailed out again, my amber eyes searching around.

The darkness was heavy, and the thick snow fall didn't help.

"Black..Jay.." Her weak voice gave me some hope, and I called again. "LakeCloud?!" My voice was wistful, panicky, and loud.

I stepped ahead, when he Lithe bodice appeared at my paws.

"LakeCloud..?" I rasped out, crouching down to nudge her side gently. "P-Please, Be okay. You gotta be Okay." The feeling of utter helplessness crashed over me, and I softly buried my muzzle into her neck fur.

"I love you, LakeCloud. Please, Don't leave me. I can't bare to lose you too..." My voice dripped with helpless grief, as I curled myself around her limp bodice.

My body was numb. Not by the cold, but by the sorrow I felt.

"I love you..." And that was it. Will I ever be able to protect anyone?

The tears dripped down her cheek, as I buried her head against my paws, in a silent vigil for my dear LakeCloud.

-

I started Crying while writing this. ;-;