{Bonus} Memories

"Hey Shuichi...? Do you remember when we first met?" You prompted, and Shuichi almost laughed. The two of you had definitely met under very chaotic circumstances, but it still hadn't stopped the two of you from making a connection with each other.

"Yeah, I remember... that was my most bizarre case ever, probably," Shuichi sighed. He was still not completely over the fact his old boss had committed such a crime, especially against his ex.

"Haha, yeah. But on the bright side, things have settled down now," You pointed out with a small giggle. You and Shuichi now lived together in a small house, and while you weren't married you planned on letting the shy boy propose to you when he was ready. After what happened to him with Kaede, you wanted to make sure he was ready. You didn't want to ask him and then make him feel pressured to say yes just so you wouldn't feel bad, after all.

"Yeah... I'm glad," Shuichi gave one of his rare genuine smiles that always made your heart melt. He looked up at the sky to see the sun was beginning to set, casting his frame in soft golden and red colors. It looked like something you'd see out of a bad romance movie, but it felt romantic when it was you and Shuichi. Just the two of you sitting on the porch in the backyard on the swing seat, gently rocking back and forth... "Hey (Y/N)?"

"Yeah?" You prompted, looking at Shuichi curiously. He seemed to suddenly get really nervous, even going as far as to tug on his sleeves just a little bit to relieve some of his sudden nervous energy. You were a little worried at the sudden outburst but figured he was probably about to ask a difficult question, so you didn't interrupt him and let him gather his bearings on his own.

"Um... I... I-I really love you..." Shuichi mumbled shyly, and you giggled.

"Awww, you don't have to be shy about that, Shuichi! I love you too~" You half sang, leaning in so you could kiss him on the cheek. Shuichi's face immediately turned red from the embarrassment at your sudden action, and he quickly turned his head away so you couldn't see him blushing, "Hey! Don't hide from me!"

"Huh?!" Shuichi gasped out in surprise when you gently took his chin in your hand and made him face you, your faces only inches apart. He tried to stutter out something, but he kept fumbling on the words so you decided to take the opportunity to kiss him on the lips.

He froze up a little before deciding to go along with it, shyly returning the gesture. The kiss was a little long, but it was loving and sweet. There was no lust behind it- just romance. It made you feel alive inside and you felt yourself wanting to cuddle Shuichi, so you pulled him into your lap with little warning, "Mmmm... my precious Shuichi~"

~~~

"Ah... I failed again..." I looked down at the jewelry box in my hands, sighing. I'd been meaning to propose to (Y/N) for a couple of months now, but whenever I tried to I always got too shy and anxious. What if something like Kaede happened again...? What if she wasn't really 'the one' for me...? I'd figured those thoughts were completely preposterous with Kaede, but obviously I wasn't married to her...

"I'll... I'll do it next time. I won't back away next time. I can't just keep running away and avoiding this because of Kaede. I need to move on... once and for all."

~~~

Word count: 611

It's literally been over a year since I wrote anything for this book, and honestly I freaking HATE the way I wrote this book since it was so chaotic and if you look into it, the plot makes literally no sense. Not to mention there's a lot of inaccurate police stuff and just... yeah. There's a LOT of problems that I have with it. However, I was reading lots of comments and there were a lot of complaints about how I ended the story because it was anticlimactic... so I hope this gave at least a little bit more closure? I still want the ending to be really open ended and up for your imagination so I couldn't totally give a closed ending, but I did continue it a little bit...

Hopefully I'm ACTUALLY done with this book for good now o.o"

IneedtowriteabetterShuichixReaderahahaha-