Chapter 12

"Surprise!!!" everyone jumped out from their hiding places, startling me.

"Woah!" I gasped, and everyone laughed and clapped.

"Welcome to being better than us, we have cake!" Lestrade joked.

"I-I'm not... better," I chuckled a little.

"Eh, you're legally better and you now get more cash so yeah, you're better!" Lestrade grinned, opening a box to reveal a chocolate cake, "Now shut up and let's all have cake!"

"Yeah!" some of my coworkers agreed.

Everyone got a slice of cake, and it tasted awesome. There was some leftover cake so I just put it in my office, I'd deal with it after work. And not surprisingly, it went by smoothly. After I finished my reports about the murders I was happy things had quieted down again, the town was started to get scared with all the crime popping up.

(Your POV)

Shuichi: Hey, I just got back from work

You smiled at the text, immediately replying.

Me: Yay! How was your first day being a kool kid?

Shuichi: It's not that different, really... I'm still doing the same work. It'd be like you becoming some fancy bartender or something...

Me: Haha, fair enough. Did they throw a surprise party like you said they would?

Shuichi: Yep... they even bought a cake and a quarter of it is easily left

Me: GIVE MEEEEEE!!

Shuichi: Woah, calm down! You can have it if you want... I'm not really into eating lots of sweets

Me: Yay! Plus it gives me an excuse to go break your door down :3

Shuichi: I don't even know how to reply to that...

Me: Hehe, you better be getting that cake ready anyways

(Shuichi's POV)

I heard a knock at my door, and I opened it to find (Y/N) standing there. She giggled and hugged me tightly, which I returned shyly.

"If you want wittle (Y/N) to visit just get cake!" (Y/N) giggled.

I chuckled, "Well... it's in the kitchen, go crazy."

(Y/N) immediately ran to my kitchen, opening the box, "Score!!! It's chocolate!"

"Ah, yep..." I smiled, walking into the kitchen.

(Y/N) giggled and hugged the box, "Don't get jealous, kay?"

"I'm not gonna get jealous of food," I was about to full-on laugh but I suppressed it. (Y/N) was just being so cute!!

"Hmm? But I LOVE cake soooo much~! Don't worry, it can't be cheating cuz it's only food!" (Y/N) grinned.

A chuckle escaped my lips, and another. Before I knew it I was having a complete laughing fit, my first one in so long I couldn't even remember.

"Eh? What's so funny?" (Y/N) tilted her head.

When I finally calmed down, I sighed. "S-sorry... you're just... r-really cute..."

"Awwwe~" (Y/N) smiled and hugged me again, "Shuichi thinks I'm cuuuute~"

I blushed and hugged her back, not knowing what to say. (Y/N) played with my hair teasingly, making me blush even more.

"You're adorable when you blush!" (Y/N) gushed, and then smirked. She leaned in close, planting a kiss on my lips. It was full of passion, and I returned the kiss shyly. Our arms seemed to instinctively wrap around the other; the whole thing was very sweet. But it came to an end when we needed air, both of us pulling away to take a breath.

(Y/N) smiled cutely, kissing my cheek and then nuzzling my shoulder. "I lo-"

My phone rang loudly, startling both of us. "Ah!! I-I'm sorry!" I nervously apologized.

(Y/N) took my phone and declined the call, putting it on silent. "It's okay! Noooooow, where were we~?"

(Y/N) chuckled and nuzzled my shoulder again, letting out a relaxed sigh. I smiled and played with her (h/c) hair, loving the way she acted like nothing else mattered. It was just me and her in this moment, and nothing could take it away from us. (Y/N) slowly looked up at me, giggling. "Shuichi?"

"What is it?" I asked with a soft smile.

"I love you~" (Y/N) murmured against my jacket, snuggling closer to me.

"I love you too, (Y/N)," I whispered, blushing a little as I planted a kiss on her forehead. (Y/N) grinned and giggled quietly.

"You're really sweet, you know that?" (Y/N) teasingly booped me.

"I-introverts aren't just quiet..." I mumbled, knowing I was starting to blush again.

"Awwwe~" (Y/N) smirked.

Knowing I was blushing more, I hugged (Y/N) close and hid in her shoulder, nuzzling her almost like a cat. (Y/N) began petting my hair and playing with my ahoge, and I felt very relaxed. I don't know how it happened, but I ended up falling asleep.

~~~
Word count: 791