9❤️ Will your mom like me?

Siddharth's pov

Siddharth's pov

"Is the best buisness man of the year and CEO of Hope technologies, Siddharth Chandrashekhar in love with an orphan employee?" The breaking news read.

" The renowned buisness man Siddharth Chandrashekhar was spotted with a girl in a restaurant. Our resources have confirmed that she's an orphan and works for hope technologies. Is Siddharth really not gonna marry actress Meera but an orphan?" It continued.

It also had pictures attached to it wherein her face was hidden behind a vase and mine was visible clearly. That frickin news channel is gonna face my wrath.

The first thing that got into mind the moment after I saw the new was Miru. Omg she would be devastated to hear this.

I rushed to her cubicle, she was holding her face between her palms, shivering.

I called her name but she didn't even respond. I softly pat her shoulder and she looks up at me.

Her eyes were red which showed that she was crying. My heart aches everytime I see her like this.

I didn't think twice before holding her wrist and leading her to my office. At first she tried to get her hand out of my grip but stopped when I loosened it. I can see everyone's eyes on us both but I don't care anymore.

If she's gonna cry like this she's gonna blackout again. I went into my room and my PA was waiting there for me.

I asked him to go out and closed the door. I made Miru sit on the couch. She buried her head in her palms and cried.

I kneeled down in front of her and made her look up. She lifted her head and her gaze met with mine.

Her longing eyes were searching something in mine.

I took her face in my palms and spoke," see Miru, I love you and you love me. No frickin news or person can make us love eachother any lesser. So dumpling, don't ever take any news like this seriously. I promise I'll never leave you and you shall have no further doubts about it"

She whispered," love you Quokka". I wiped her tears off with my thumb. We were lost in eachother's eyes while my phone rang. I took it out and my eyes widened and so did hers seeing mine.

It was my mom, Savitri. By now, the news must've reached her ears.

I attended the call signing Miru to be quite for which she nodded. I put the call in speaker and said," hello amma" as usual. (Amma / ma - mom)

"Hello Kanna" she said with a bit anger evident in her voice. (Kanna - a word of endearment, refers to lord Krishna)

"Kanna, is all the news I'm hearing true?" She asked.

I nervously said," Y-yes ma, I'm in love with her"

I can see Miru anxiously looking at me through my peripheral vision.