Chapter 7

Title: Boundaries of Love

Pairings: Zayn/Liam

Rating: R

Disclaimer: I do not own any of the characters in this story. The plot, however, is my own. This story is complete fiction, meaning, none of it has occurred and all events are false.

Summary: A fairy tale begins at its complication, it builds its way up until it reaches the resolution where the two lovers initiate themselves in marriage and live happily ever after. The only problem with this is what lies after the book closes or the film ends. Is it the perfect ending for the married couple or is it for the villain? Liam Payne was in an abusive relationship, beaten, bashed, groped. When Zayn saves him, will it be happy ever after for them or do they fall back into a burning pit of flames. A Ziam Mayne Story.

Warnings: Character abuse, sexual content, bullying, swearing, AU (Highschool)

A/N: Update here! I promise the fic will be sweeter from now on. QUICKER UPDATES SINCE I’VE FINISHED SCHOOL. Also please do me a huge favour and vote for this fic in the 1DBromanceAwards – Ziam category. It would mean so much. x

Chapter 7

“Oh I’m so sorry,” Liam apologised as the boys hurried out of the rooms. Liam swung his body beside Zayn’s side, resting a hand softly on the tanned boy’s shoulder, even with the little force Liam applied Zayn flinched. He relaxed into the touch instantly when he realized Liam’s intentions weren’t supposed to harm him. Zayn clenched his eyelids shut, attempting to erase the last fifteen minutes of his life from his mind. Not succeeding, he reminded himself that Liam had been through far worse and Liam deserved far more sympathy than himself. Zayn was glad to offer it slowly draping an arm around Liam’s broad shoulders that caved instantly.

No word was spoken, what was there to say? Both boys needed comfort. Liam knew James was bad, he has no idea of the extent his “partner” would take it to. This was the final straw for Liam, he would never associate with James ever again in his life. Yet again, he was afraid of letting go. James was a huge part of his life, it wasn’t exactly a positive aspect but his life would change dramatically. Liam wanted to change the position he was in, he didn’t want to change himself. Liam melted into Zayn’s touch wrapping his arms around the older boy’s waist. Zayn’s waist was relatively slim yet it was firm which somehow gave Liam a sense of security. “I’m sorry,” he repeated this time a tear seeping from his left eye. He felt Zayn’s grip tighten. Liam forget what it was like to be held by somebody. There was a difference between being held and being grabbed. Zayn had a certain kind of warmth that opened Liam’s heart. Liam felt weak, but not alone.

Liam wanted Zayn to hold him for as long as he could, he needed assurance. He needed assurance as to many things. He needed someone to take pity on him and promise him that nothing would ever hurt him. Liam thought he was strong, in reality, he blocked everything off. He let no one enter his heart so he wouldn’t have to mend it alone. He never loved James, what was scarring him was the emotional trauma that James’ actions caused. Liam choked on a light sob and Zayn began drawing patterns into his neck, hushing him into silence as his whimpering gradually became louder. Liam began to fear more and more things around him. What if he couldn’t trust Zayn? What if Zayn was just a part of an act James had set? Liam cringed at the thought.

James’ actions had harmed Liam physically, but the internal battle was a whole different story. Liam had lost trust in things around him, his awareness of his surroundings had sky rocketed meaning even the slightest touch would send him into a fit. Zayn had figured a way to soothe Liam’s troubles so far but what if he couldn’t in the future. If Zayn hurt Liam, he’d be far worse of. Zayn was the little spark at the end of a freezing cold tunnel. Liam could go out and reach Zayn or go around the way he came in. On his own.

Zayn gave him a soft grin of reassurance as soon as Liam pulled his head away from Zayn’s chest. Zayn ran his finger down Liam’s cheek capturing the tear that ran down his cheek, “Come on Liam, I think it’s time you told me what this is all about.”

Liam shakily nodded and signalled to Zayn’s hand, “can I?” he asked with a soft pout plastering his face. Zayn nodded and put his hand into Liam’s, squeezing it mildly to encourage Liam to speak. "It started two years ago..."