Chapter 11

Title: Boundaries of Love

Pairings: Zayn/Liam

Rating: PG13+

Disclaimer: I do not own any of the characters in this story. The plot, however, is my own. This story is complete fiction, meaning, none of it has occurred and all events are false.

Summary: A fairy tale begins at its complication, it builds its way up until it reaches the resolution where the two lovers initiate themselves in marriage and live happily ever after. The only problem with this is what lies after the book closes or the film ends. Is it the perfect ending for the married couple or is it for the villain? Liam Payne was in an abusive relationship, beaten, bashed, groped. When Zayn saves him, will it be happy ever after for them or do they fall back into a burning pit of flames. A Ziam Mayne Story

Warnings: Character abuse, sexual content, bullying, swearing, AU (Highschool)

A/N: Hi guys! Thank you so much for the support on this story, I’ve really enjoyed writing it but I need to ask you one question. Sequel or no sequel? Yes, there will be a few more chapters but I thought I would ask early. Thank you so so much for all your help.Dedicated to @hipstertomlinson. I have a few people in mind who I want to dedicate to, so those of you who have supported this story, look out. xx

Chapter 11

Liam’s hands shook nervously, his eyes darting to his feet. His smile dropped instantly as well as his confident aura that he developed over the past few days. Liam locked his phone and shoved it into his pocket, it seemed that everything he did would never be good enough, it would never be sufficient to match to the other boys. He would always be a social outcast. A freak. Liam couldn’t believe that for a second he thought differently. It was funny how a simple sentence could change Liam’s views on everything, that foundation that Zayn and he tried so hard to build was now broken. The next time it was built, it had to be stronger, yet taking the way Liam was feeling into consideration, he wasn’t quite sure that there’d be a next time.

He turned to Zayn who was grinning wildly at his report card, Liam knew how much Zayn’s grades meant to him. Liam extremely disappointed in himself, he was so selfish to put his thoughts above Zayn’s. This was the same boy who never gave up on him, who helped him without knowing his name. But here he was proud of his own achievement and all Liam could do was pity himself. Liam couldn’t help but tug his lips into a grin as Zayn’s face lit up. Zayn was awfully beautiful, there was no way to deny that. “Congratulations Zaynie,” Liam said glumly his smile fading as he spoke. Liam hated the way his voice would shake as he spoke, he wasn’t strong enough to speak steadily, he always ended up muttering, cracking or stuttering as he spoke.

Zayn wrapped his arms around Liam, pulling him in for an embrace. “I’m so proud of you Li, that’s amazing. How good will it feel to tell your sister you did better in school than she did?” Zayn grinned at him, pulling away from the hug. Liam nodded silently, managing to plaster a smile onto his cheeks. He couldn’t allow Zayn to find out that he was upset over such a thing, it was pathetic. He had to at least act like he was happy for Zayn. But that wasn’t going to be easy.

***

The next day slowly arrived the way it usually did. Today was a Wednesday, meaning Zayn would not take Liam to school, instead walk his sisters as his mother took an early shift. Liam began down the sidewalk, his sister texting desperately at her phone. Liam sighed, he hadn’t touched his mobile since the previous night. Too afraid of its contents. The pair turned the corner and Liam sighted the huge building he had been dreading going to his entire life. He ducked his head down and crossed the quiet road, waving to his sister as she went into the opposite gate.

Liam kicked at the ground as he found the entrance to the school, usually he’d wait for Zayn at the bench just outside the oval but Liam decided he didn’t want to bother his tanned companion and made his way inside. He was swarmed by loud chatter and fast movement, girls gossiping and guys rummaging through their lockers for textbooks that they’d carelessly lost. It was the first morning he had entered the school in months without Zayn by his side and it was fair to say that he was shit scared. Boys twice his size and girls who’s skirts barely covered their bottoms surrounded him. All unaware of his presence, no one would notice him until someone singled him out and Liam was sure as hell that he didn’t want that. Liam trudged to his locker, he opened it slowly and found an envelope.

50 REASONS WHY YOU DON’T DESERVE TO LIVE

Liam shrunk both physically and mentally. He didn’t know what was worse, anonymously bullying someone or physically bullying someone. If someone attacked him, he’d know who to look out for, who to avoid and who to suck up to. This way, Liam would constantly feel threatened and on edge, wondering when the next message would come and how it would arrive. Liam took a shaky breath and pulled a book out of his locker and threw the letter back inside, shutting it tightly.  He turned around knocking into a slightly shorter figure.

“Liam, where the hell were you? Do you know how worried I was?” Zayn demanded tossing his arms around his friends body. Liam relaxed into the touch, nuzzling his head into Zayn’s neck. They were interrupted by a yell of the word “queers” from a corner and Zayn instantly turned around to face him. Liam stepped back, retreating behind Zayn’s furious body. “Thought that was your father’s nickname when he cheated on your mum with his best friend,” he yelled as the guy took a step back and quickly retreated. Zayn continued to glare at him as Liam’s body shivered against his own, “you okay Li?” he asked and the two boys walked to class as Liam met Zayn’s question with a nod.