Chapter 10

Title: Boundaries of Love

Pairings: Zayn/Liam

Rating: PG13+

Disclaimer: I do not own any of the characters in this story. The plot, however, is my own. This story is complete fiction, meaning, none of it has occurred and all events are false.

Summary: A fairy tale begins at its complication, it builds its way up until it reaches the resolution where the two lovers initiate themselves in marriage and live happily ever after. The only problem with this is what lies after the book closes or the film ends. Is it the perfect ending for the married couple or is it for the villain? Liam Payne was in an abusive relationship, beaten, bashed, groped. When Zayn saves him, will it be happy ever after for them or do they fall back into a burning pit of flames. A Ziam Mayne Story

Warnings: Character abuse, sexual content, bullying, swearing, AU (Highschool)

A/N: This is more of a filler chapter than anything, I hope you guys like it. Thank you to @foreveryoung1d_ for taking her time with that long comment, it's very much appreciated. Thank you to everyone who voted and commented, it aspires me to write. xx

Chapter 10

Like every morning, Zayn set off to walk to Liam's place and pick he and his sister up for school. Ruth had asked him to be fifteen minutes early, Zayn had no idea why but he agreed to it and found the household he knew almost as well as his own. He knocked on the door being met by a large smile from Ruth, "Hey Zayn,"she greeted ushering him inside,"take a seat. I think we need to talk," she said sitting herself down on the table in the kitchen. Zayn nodded and took a seat.

He was very comfortable in Ruth's presence, she was such a likable person. Zayn couldn't find any reason for someone to dislike her. "Sure, what's up?" he asked casually sitting himself back in his seat and grinning at Liam's sister.

Ruth's facial expression turned serious, she looked to the floor, Zayn could see she was hesitant to speak so he reached out for her arm and brushed his palm against it, relaxing the blonde girl slightly. "I don't know, I feel like Liam's hiding something from me. Well, I know he's hiding something from me and I hate it, he's been acting weird for the past year or so and I've never had someone to talk to about it. I have a feeling he'd tell you, I mean, you guys are best friends right? Sometimes you seem like more, is that what Liam's hiding from me? Are you two dating?" she asked playing with the hem of her skirt.

Zayn's eyes widened and he relaxed in his seat, this was a lot to take in. Why didn't Liam tell Ruth about James? The pair were about as close as two siblings could become, how did Ruth not notice yet? It seemed surreal. That wasn't the only thing that astounded Zayn, Ruth thought that he and Liam were an item. That definately wasn't true, well not yet anyway. Zayn sometimes wondered what it would be like to be in a relationship with Liam, he always brushed the thought away but he knew that one day he'd have to face it.

He turned his expression back to Ruth, "I don't know if it's in my rights to tell you but Liam has had some trouble for the past two years and I can assure you, Li and I are just good friends," Zayn said with a grin. Ruth nodded standing up to wrap her arms around the tanned boy.

"Thanks Zayn, I really hope he opens up to me soon," she said pulling away as Liam came down the stairs.

Liam trudged down the stairs before he was met by a thin tanned figure. Zayn. His expression brightened instantly and he rushed up to his friend for a hug, "Hey, what are you doing here so early? You're a-always l-late," Liam said sighing after realized he stuttered once again.

"Hey, you're doing so much better. Anyway, I woke up early for once. Are you proud of me?" Zayn winked in an attempt to brighten the mood. Liam grinned, blushing lightly . It was times like this when Zayn realized how much he actually cared for Liam. It washed away all his worries when he watched Liam smile or joke around, these times usually happened in the morning or weekends. Basically, whenever Liam didn't go to school. They had already discussed the switching schools idea, Liam decided that no matter where he went he would want Zayn with him and with only private schools surrounding their area, Zayn's family couldn't fund for his education if it came at such a price.

Liam nodded slinging his bag over his shoulder and called for Ruth who had retreated to her room after her talk with Zayn. The two boys decided she could make her way to school on her own and they set off towards the place they both dreaded most.

***

Today would be the day that both boys would recieve their report cards, Zayn had set a goal last time he recieved his grades and boy, did he try to reach it. The two boys decided that they'd both reveal their cards together at Zayn's house. After finishing his last class, music, Liam was on a high. It was the only subject Liam ever looked forward to. Sure, he didn't entirely fit in, but after every class he didn't feel like he was a complete failure. This term Liam had put a lot of effort into studying. Zayn had urged him to pick up a book instead of watching a movie and the tanned boy monitored every test Liam had.

Studing did have a good effect on Liam, it took his mind off many of his problems and insecurities. All but one. Liam couldn't stand the size and shape of his body, he needed to be leaner. He wondered how Zayn hadn't figured out he hadn't kept down any meal he consumed. Liam knew it wasn't right, but everytime he did it, he felt he was making a little progress. He was losing a little bit of weight evertime he puked up his food and that's what mattered.

****

"You open yours first," Zayn told Liam as both boys sat down on the kitchen bench. Liam nodded and pulled his card out of the envelope. He grinned as he read the card, showing it to Zayn quite proud of himself. He had aced almost every class. Zayn pulled Liam into a hug and grinned at him, "you did so well! I'm so proud of you!"

Next it was Zayn's turn, as expected, he got straight A's in every subject apart form PE. Liam felt his phone buzz and went to open the text.

'Look's like we've got a nerdy faggot. Go kill yourself and make life better for everyone.'