I Wish I Could've Been There

I had been staying in my brothers house for around 2 weeks now, since the night of the big fight. Everything was...fine. I was feeling pretty numb, actually. Every day went by so quickly and I was becoming more and more aware of the fact that I hadn't attended school in over two months. My parents knew I wasn't attending, they just assumed that I'd given up on high school completely to become a housewife. They didn't even know I was staying with Daichi yet.

My thoughts and anxieties about returning were swallowing my brain whole, making me dizzy. I knew for a fact I was going to fail everything, as testing season was rapidly approaching and I had missed out on a full two months of course material. Daichi was painfully aware of that fact too, and had been trying to convince me to go back but it really just wasn't working. I was too torn up, too anxious, too weird. However, I did miss my friends.

I spent my day idly passing time by rearranging some of my belongings, when Suga came and knocked on my bedroom door.

"(Y/N), I've got something for you." I smiled and opened the door.

"Yeah?"

"I got you a new charger, so you could charge back up that old brick of yours," he laughed at me. It was an issue, we had been trying to find a charger for my absolute dinosaur of a phone since last week. Suga and Daichi both had relatively new phones so I couldn't even use theirs at any point.

"Oh, wow! Thank you so much, Suga, that's really nice of you," I beamed up at him, I hadn't used my phone in months. I hadn't been allowed to. The only time I could ever contact anyone was if my ex was out of the house and I sneaked onto my laptop to email people.

"No problem, I got you," he threw the charger over to me and I caught it, quickly rushing to plug it into the outlet. I waited around five minutes for it to even show any signs of life. No luck, I thought.

*ring*

Ryu: Hey, (Y/N), remember me? Your best friend? Tanaka? Nah? Whatever. Miss you so much.

*ring*

Nishi: (Y/N), are you alive?

*ring*

Ryu: You better not be ignoring me!

*ring*

Kiyoko: Hey, just wanted to check you're okay. Miss you very much.

*ring*

Coach Ukai: (Y/N), I'm growing concerned for you. Please contact someone at the school soon.

*ring* *ring* *ring*

"Jesus, (Y/N), when was the last time you turned that thing on?" laughed Suga as messages just kept pouring in.

"Um, maybe, like...I have no idea. Months ago," I laughed back. Pretty much all of the messages were from Tanaka and Nishinoya. They were both in the same year as me at school and we usually walked together when I used to go.

"That's crazy. Looks like a lot of people have missed you," he mused. I couldn't lie, I missed them all so much too. It'd been horrible being confined to that nasty apartment for so long.

"Yeah. I wanna go see them all," I said sadly. I knew just showing up out of the blue would probably overwhelm me. They would all have so many questions and I just simply wouldn't know how to answer them.

"I think you should start by going back to school, (Y/N), it's your last year. It's really important to get good marks. I know you did really well last year, so there's no way you won't be able to do the same this year."