159. Coconut Mocha Latte (Chen)

I apologise if I'm a little rusty! It's been a good three years since I wrote a story xD But regardless, I hope you all enjoy!

•••

It was a cold day. The kind of unbearable cold that stings inside your lungs and takes your breath away. It was the time of year where snow was falling in large clumps rather than the gentle flakes most loved and cloaked the ground in a three inch thick duvet, glistening as the low winter sun hit it as it set behind the houses and leaf-less trees. Taking one last deep breath of hot house warmed air, you grabbed your handbag and darted out of the front door. Murmuring your shopping list over and over in your head, hands tucked under your armpits, protecting them from the sharp bite of late November winds.

You sighed in frustration as you got to your car door and found that during the day the blistering wind had caused a sheet of clear ice to form over the entirety of your small three door hatch-back. "Damn it," you cuss as you shuffle on the spot, fiercely trying to keep your body temperature up. "So much for that snow cover." Grunting you turned around to glance over your front garden, frowning when you finally spot the car cover buried under a deep pile of fresh powder, only a small silver triangle sticking up out the ground like a root. Furious that not only had you wasted a tenner on the useless cover, but pissed that the time you spent putting it on the car was also a perfectly huge waste.

With a quick rub of your hands, you grab the ice covered car door handle and pull. But all that happened was a small sound of cracking. With determination and a furrowed brow, you roll your shoulders and grab a hold with both hands tightly, wincing as the icicles formed on the metal bit at the gentle skin of your palms. One, two, three, pull!

Thump! You landed square of your backside, cries of pain as your coccyx took the brute of the impact. Holding yourself up with your clasped left hand you rubbed at your lowed back with your right. Lifting up your left hand you let out a groan, the handle of your car door still clasped in your palm. "Great," you complain as you try not to think about the cost of repairs. "Now how am I going to get to the shop?"

"Are you okay?" A gentle voice sounds as a warm hand is placed against your shoulder. Turning your head your gaze meets with two beautiful and familiar almond eyes. "Having a bad day?" His chuckle was magical, gentle and melodic.

"That obvious, huh?" you murmur as you accept the hand he held out for you to hold, pulling you up out of the snow covered grass, your backside soaked through to your underwear.

"I will say, this is probably the most interesting time I've met a new neighbour." If it wasn't for the softness of him eyes and the tenderness of his small smile you could have taken his last statement as sarcasm. "I should probably introduce myself." He holds out his hand again. "My name is Jongdae."

You extend your hand, him letting out a beautiful chortle when he sees the handle of your car. with widened eyes and a blush forming of your already red cheeks you stuff it into your deep jacket pocket and grasp his soft warm hand. "Hello Jongdae, I'm [Y/N]."

With his thumb caressing your frozen knuckles he slowly raises your hand up, his head tilting down to place a single amiable peck against your chilled skin, the warms of his breath sprouting all your hair to stand of air, your chest tightening as your heart fluttered within. "Please, call me Chen," he insisted and he let you take your hand back. But for some unusual reason, even though you had only just met him, you didn't want him to let go. "If you are willing to accept, I would me more than happy to help you fix that door."

"Thank you but it's fine, honestly! My friend is a mechanic."

"Well if you need a lift anywhere I'll happily take you, I'm going to the shop myself anyway so can drop you off on the way."

"Coincidentally, the shop is exactly where I was going."

With a wide, pearly white grin he bends down to grab your handbag from the ground, brushing off the snow with a few flicks of his fingers before putting it over his shoulder. "Follow me."

•••

"Please, at least let come inside for a drink," you plead, pulling your keys out of your winter coats fluffy pocket. "It's the least I can do considering all you've done to help me." Chen was stood behind you as you got to your front door, your shopping bags grasped in his fingers and a handsome smirk on his lips. "I make a mean coconut mocha latte," you boast.

Chen smirked softly, his eyes glistening as the last of the sunlight disappeared over the horizon, the blistering wind picking up and nipping at any skin exposed to the elements. "Consider me convinced." With your shopping bags still in his hands he follows you over the threshold. With your back to him push the door closed and place your keys into the lock and twist. Spinning around on the spot you gasp as you crash into Chen's strong chest, your eyes meeting his intense gaze. "So," he whispered softly, a cute smile tugging at one corner of this plush lips. His eyes glance up and his fingers follow his line of sight to a snowflake that he gently removes. The flesh of your cheeks burning as his scent filled your lungs, like sweet pears and cedarwood. "How about that drink?"