Chapter IX - A Past Deal

Author’s Note

Author’s Note at the end again, and will be for the rest of the story. :)

Chapter IX

“I was in Oz trying to gather some emeralds for the fairy godmothers, but the Wizard of Oz caught me and cast me off to your world as a punishment. When I arrived it was raining and I saw a bottle of your memory erasing formula on the ground and drank it thinking it was a helpful potion. I completely forgot my old life and made myself at home with you and your family. Eventually the formula started to wear off and so did Frankie’s. He started chasing after me and trying to kill me, but I remembered that I had the power to transport myself between worlds using my mind, so I got out of there before he could catch me.”  Victor hangs onto my every word as I explain to him, going on to tell him how Dexter and I arrived here. I leave out the Jefferson parts though, not wanting him to feel worse and more confused than he looks right now.

“Henry mentioned that you have another husband?” he asks, looking about as uncomfortable as I feel. Great, I should have known that he would have caught that.

“Yeah, before I met you there was already Jefferson,” I tell him, “I am extremely sorry for everything,” I apologize, trying not to let my emotions get the best of me. He stays silent for a few moments.

“It’s okay, it’s partly my fault anyways. From now on I won’t be leaving any stray formulas out in the open for people to drink. Even if they were by the trash,” he says smiling.

“It was not by the trash!” I tell him, then again, it was pretty dark out, for all I know it could have been in a crocodile’s mouth and I wouldn’t have noticed. “Anyways,” I start, changing the subject, “What happened to Frankie?” His face darkens.

“I had to put him down,” he tells me. I know it must have killed him to do that. Frankie was like his baby.

“I’m sorry,” I truthfully tell him; I know it’s partly my fault.

“It’s not your fault,” he assures me, as if he knows what I’m thinking, “I should’ve known better than to create another life from bits and pieces of serial killers and other dead criminals. After I thought that monster killed you I decided to go back to a previous idea and try to figure out how to make another life from scratch, that way it wouldn’t have any memories of desires to kill,” he says giving me a small smile. “I couldn’t figure out a way to get it to work, but I didn’t get much of a chance to try before the curse took over.”

“Oh, that reminds me of another question I’ve been wondering, why was your world brought here? Your world isn’t a magical world,” I ask.

“I have a history with Regina. I believe I’m the only one from my world that she brought here, but even with all the worlds, it seems like she only brought the people here who were either personally associated with her or a threat in some way,” he says, “Storybrooke is a big town, but not big enough to hold everyone from the other worlds. I mean, have you seen the Wizard of Oz here at all?”

“I don’t know, I haven’t seen the majority of the people in this town yet,” I tell him, shrugging.

“Well, trust me when I tell you that I haven’t noticed anybody from Oz here, despite it being a magical world,” he smiles.

“Huh,” I say, thinking about that. I wonder if my daughter is here, Grace. I love that name. Jefferson told me a little about her, but he never actually said if she’s here or not. When he took me to the wishing well, he said that he drinks from its water every day in hopes that it would bring his daughter back to him. It starts to worry me that she’s alone somewhere in another world without anyone to take care of her. Now I really need to find Jefferson.