Chapter 19- Percy

PERCY

"The main principle of Terriane's first law when it comes to transfiguring an animal is that- Jackson! Stop sleeping in my class!"

A second year shoved Percy and immediately his eyes opened. He rubbed them quickly. "Sorry professor." He sat up straight. He'd fallen asleep for about ten minutes now.

Professor McGonagall rolled her eyes and gave him a terse look but didn't scold him further. "As I was saying, Terraine's first law is extremely crucial in transfiguration of animals. You must remember it when it comes to Ravens, and especially frogs..."

Professor McGonagall's voice trailed off again. Percy was wide awake now, but wasn't paying attention. He'd already learned all of Terraine's laws from Hermione last week, and gone ahead. Never had he thought that as an ADHD kid, he would be ahead of the class. He had already finished his first year of learning and had begun to understand his second year.

During the past month at Hogwarts, he had spent most of his time in studies and completely immersed himself in his books, so much that Annabeth and Hermione were both proud of him. He talked to Annabeth almost every two or three days by iris message now, and couldn't talk more as Filch was getting suspicious of him now, and sneaking out to the Prefects bathroom was getting harder. Filch had already asked Frank the polar bear thrice now if he had seen Percy around, but Frank had been loyal and not given him away.

His mother, however, was a different matter. She refused to talk much, and after she had gotten to know from Chiron that Percy and Harry had been trying to contact her, she had said that she would come to London herself and talk to them as soon as the opportunity arrived. But either she kept on postponing her trip, or she really was busy, because she hadn't visited in the past month.

They had even gone to Professor McGonagall asking for information, but she had agreed that she would not disclose anything till Sally Jackson finally arrived. They had shifted their matter of concern from their family history to what had happened on the third floor corridor over a month ago. The iris message had been extremely disturbing for everyone, Hermione hadn't been able to find anybody by the name of Petra so far.

The bell rang, signalling the fact that it was finally lunch. Percy got up and hurriedly walked to the Great Hall for food. He saw Hermione sitting and reading a book.

"Where're Harry and Ron?" he asked, sliding into the seat next to her and grabbing a huge bun.

"They had a free period," she said, her eyes on her book. "So they decided to go play Quidditch instead."

"Seventh years gets free periods?" Percy asked indignantly.

"All N.E.W.T. students do, but I doubt you will, seeing as you're going to finish your sixth and seventh year syllabus in a month each."

With that happy thought, Percy filled his plate with food as Harry and Ron arrived.

"By the way," Hermione asked everyone. "Did you guys see the circular they put up on the house noticeboard?"

They all looked at her in confusion.

"It stated that the delegations of Durmstrang and Bauxbatons arrive on Halloween, and lessons end early that day. The same thing as last time. There's also going to be a Yule ball again."

"Well then that settles what we're doing for Christmas," Ron said happily. "Don't you reckon it'll be fun watching it this time not worrying if one of our friends is going to die?"

"It definitely will," Harry said, "but I think almost our entire year will be putting their names in."

"I know Ernie Macmillan, Dean Thomas, Malfoy and Terry Boot are." Hermione said, nodding.