CHAPTER THREE

I haven't updated in a while, as I've been focusing on Amethyst. But I thought it was time to come back to this and give you all an update! So enjoy!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I'm thrown awake by a sharp jab in my rib. I gasp, suddenly taking in a large amount of air and choking as a consequence. My eyes become twice their usual size as I struggle but manage to regain my breath. When I'm breathing somewhat regularly again, I look over to see Draco sitting on the edge of his seat, an awkward smile. For a moment, I'm about to shout at him and ask him what he's looking at me for, what he's even doing in my cabin. But then I bite my tongue and let him talk.

His blonde hair is as perfect as it was when we were in London. Not a hair is out of place from his platinum locks and I can't help but wonder how he keeps it so perfect when mine looks like a birds nest most of the time. His inquisitive eyes flare with curiosity. His smile fades and he speaks to me for the first time since Ron's interruption earlier. "We're nearly there, everyone is going to get dressed."

I look out of the window and see that day has turned to dusk, the flat lands of South England have transformed into the mountains of Scotland. The lochs glisten in the evening light as the sun creeps below the great mountain range, edging lower and lower in the sky. When the sun is all but gone beyond the horizon, that is when we will pull into Hogsmead station and deboard the train.

The watch on my wrist informs me that it's about 7:30. We're due to arrive at 8, so I'm glad Draco woke me up. I nod at him in silent thanks and he shrugs his shoulders and picks up the neatly folded black and green Slytherin robes that he must have taken out of the black trunk above his head. Holding them carefully, as if he couldn't bear to crease them, he stands up and stalks out of the cabin, leaving me alone for the first time.

I breathe out powerfully, I feel as if I've been holding my breathe the entire time I've been speaking to Draco, like I was afraid to offend him. My surname hardly does me any favours when I'm conferring with other Slytherins.

I run a hand through my hair. Half of the pins have fallen out and the rest are strewn messily through it. With a frustrated 'umph,' I set to work running my fingers through the curls that are thankfully not too knotty, finding and retrieving the hair grips. I must look like a mess compared to Draco.

I put them into the pocket of my trunk and take out my own uniform. It's identical to Draco's in colouring, the same as all the Slytherin students; green and black with a hint of silver. The only difference being that rather than the trousers the male Slytherin's wear, us girls have plain black skirts that come just above the knee. However, most of the girls tend to pull them up, some more extravagantly than others. We're not as bad as the Hufflepuff girls though, they walk around flashing their bums at people most of the time.

My mother didn't wash my uniform as she did for all my siblings, I think she's afraid that if she touches it, she'll change into some sort of vile snake that she imagines me to be. Thankfully there are house elves at 12 Grimmauld Place who seemed to have the opposite view to her, Gryffindor was filthy and Slytherin was pure. They were more than happy to get their hands on my robes and make them a million times cleaner and better looking than if my mother had done them.

It seems like Draco won't return for a while, but I'm not risking anything. I take my wand out of my pocket and give it a quick flick. The cabin door locks and the blinds shoot down, covering the windows. A bit of privacy is appreciated.

I change swiftly from my normal clothes into my Hogwarts uniform, knowing that Draco will probably be back any minute. I put on a white shirt and the skirt first, so at least if Draco does come back, I won't be caught without any clothing on. I work my tie around my neck and my fingers fix it in a matter of seconds. It's been months since I've felt the comfort of my emerald green tie around my neck, but over 5 years I've learnt to tie it up so many times that I could never forget. I pull my grey blazer over my head - complete with the Slytherin crest and a slither of green around the collar - and black tights which I jump up and down to get to my waist. I slip my feet into the black suede lace-up ankle boots that cost me a fortune and pull the long black robe with the Slytherin emblem over my shoulders. Putting my uniform on makes me feel like I'm going home, like I'm no longer vulnerable. I suppose that's true, being back at Hogwarts will mean I get to use my wand. With that by my side, I instantly feel a lot safer in these troubled times.