CHAPTER TWELVE

Somehow they get me back to the castle and I wake up with a hundred blankets over me, in the Infirmary at Hogwarts. I don't feel cold anyway, maybe because of the blankets or the hot water bottles that seem to have been shoved in any space possible. Or maybe it's because of how good a nurse Madam Pompfrey is. Either way, I intend to thank her, Madam Rosmerta and especially Luna for finding me.

I lie alone for several minutes, trying to piece together the shattered last memories I have before waking up. I remember fighting with Harry, and wince at the memory. I remember the cold, and the snow, and for some reason Luna's sunglasses that seemed to have tiny wipers that brushed the snow away. She levitated me into the air and brought me to the Three Broomsticks, and after that it all seems to disappear.

"Ah, you're awake!" I hear the strict but friendly voice of Madam Pompfrey call from the other side of the room. It appears that I'm alone in the Infirmary, except for a first year who seems to be vomiting quite violently into a bucket.

She strides over to me and sets a tray down. "Drink this, and you'll be up and walking in no time!" She hands me a cup of vile looking grey gloop, and from my disgusted face she just laughs "You've been drinking it four times a day for the past 5 days."

"I've been unconscious for 5 days?" I ask with surprise. Wow, I must have been really, really cold. Madam Pompfrey beckons for me to drink and I grab my nose, glugging the liquid down and gagging in the process. It tastes even worse than it looks, if that's possible, like bat wee and rotten tomatoes.

"Have I missed anything big?" I ask Madam Pompfrey, who takes the cup from me and puts it back on the tray. "Well, Professor Umbridge has been appointed as Hogwarts High Inquisitor. But other than that, no. There are some people here to see you, are you well enough?" She puts her hand on my forehead and nods to herself. "Temperature is regular again. I'll let them in, but only for a little while!"

She picks up the tray and stalks away, only stopping to check upon the puking boy. There's a small hand mirror on the bedside table, which I pick up. Considering everything, I don't look too bad. Judging by the way that my hair was fanned out on the pillow when I woke up, someone's been brushing it, and there even appears to be a bit of lipstick and mascara on my face. Only one person would worry about me looking pretty whilst I was unconscious.

Honey herself runs in, her arms thrown wide and tears in her green eyes, and grabs me, pulling me up. "Oh my god, I thought you were dead, don't you ever scare me like that again." She lets me go and takes a seat on the empty hospital bed next to me, flapping her hand in front of her eyes. Sophia gives me a quick hug too, this one a bit more gentle, and slowly more people seem to stream in. Blaise, Goyle, Crabbe, Millicent, and finally Draco. My heart leaps when I see him, looking as handsome as ever, and from the brilliant smile he gives me I know that I wasn't dreaming about the date.

He kisses my lips gently, as if he's afraid to hurt me, and nuzzles his head in my neck. "Welcome back sleeping beauty." He gives me a wink and takes a seat next to Goyle, who hands me a box of chocolates sheepishly. "His idea." He points his thumb in Blaise's direction, who nods slowly. I open the box and whilst I'm not particularly hungry, I take one and then pass them around the rest of the group. "So what did I miss?" I ask as I take a bite from the caramel filled chocolate.

"Well, we cancelled the Quidditch trials, as there's no way that we could go ahead without our Captain. Honey here almost had a meltdown." Sophia looks at Honey who's still crying. I pat her hand supportively and she manages a smile. "Oh, and Umbridge is now High Inquisitor." I nod slowly. "Yeah, Madam Pompfrey said that. What does that even mean?"

"It means that she gets to go snooping around other teachers classes, and make sure that they're doing their job properly. It's an invasion of privacy if you ask me, but you know what Umbridge is like." Sophia picks at her nails and takes another chocolate from the box that I leave in the middle of us all.