Chapter 4

We gasped. Katashi put his hands up like he was going to jail. "Nope. Nada. I'm getting out and NOW!" He exclaimed. He went the other way but realized he didn't know how to get down.

"Darn," He mumbled. I smirked. "You're not going anywhere," I stated. He grumbled. Saki tugged him along, and I followed. We walked in silence, trying our best not to set off any more traps. We reach a room that looks like something that might have been a dining room at some point. We walk in. Suddenly, the door closes and it feels really cold. "Why is it so cold!?" Saki exclaimed. I looked around the room, but I can't find a reason. I look back at Saki and shrug. Katashi though? He looked panicked.

"What is it Katashi?" I ask concerned. He raises a shaky hand and points to the left side of the room. Saki and I followed his hand to where he was pointing. "The air conditioner. It's at -80 degrees. It's clear someone wants us dead," He stuttered. Our eyes widened. "And it's getting colder." We gulped. Around the room, it looked like an igloo. I shivered and held my coat tighter. "We're gonna die, we're gonna die, and it's all my fault," Saki whimpered. I patted her back. "It's not your fault!" I comforted her.

"Hmph." I looked up to see an extremely confident Katashi. "We are not dying, Not today," he states. I'm a little shocked, since I've never seen him so confident. I stare at him march over to the air conditioner. It looks like he's trying to break it. He turns around and glares at me.

"Are you just going to stare at me?" He asked annoyed. Saki didn't hear him since she was sobbing, so I scrambled over. We both keep hitting and punching it. A few minutes later, we're finally done and it slowly gets warmer. "Now how do we get out?" I asked. He shrugged. "That's something I can't help you with," He said. "Then I guess I'll ask Saki."

I tap her shoulder. "Do you have a way to get out of here?" I ask. Saki finally looks up. "Wait, why is it warmer now?" She asked. Katashi looks surprised. "So you didn't see my insanely awesome rescue?" Katashi asked. "I didn't think I'd live to hear the words insanely awesome rescue ever come out of Katashi's mouth in the same sentence," She said. I swear I could see Katashi's ego meltdown to nothing. I quickly explained to her what happened. Once I finish, she looks like she's thinking.

"I have a bobby pin in my hair, and if it's a traditional lock, then I can pick it," She says slowly.

A/N: I know I said the house is old, but it can do a bunch of weird stuff so if I say it can have an AC then it can.