Chapter 2

The rain pitter-patters on my jacket. I run over to the big oak tree for cover. Suddenly, I bump into someone. I turn around. "Hey watch where you're going!" The person exclaims. I raise an unimpressed eyebrow, putting my hands on my hips. "At least look at me before you yell at me," I scold. The person turns around. "Oh sorry Chinatsu. I was just annoyed that Saki dragged me into finding some unicorn or whatever," Katashi apologized. I blinked. "You got dragged into this too Katashi?" He nodded. We stood in silence. I looked down at the ground, thinking of what to say. Finally, Katashi broke the silence. "Sakis late," Katashi mumbled. I nodded. After a few more minutes, Saki ran over. "Sorry *pant* I'm late," Saki panted. We both waved the apology off. "It's fine!" I told Saki. Saki smiled. "Great, now we just need a rainbow," she stated. "Guys look over there! A rainbow!" Katashi exclaimed. I groaned mentally. It was definitely one of his tricks. Saki though, didn't know it was a trick.

"Where? Where?!" She asked. Katashi stuck out his tough. "Pranked!" He exclaimed. Saki grumbled.

I blinked, as I saw a ray of sunlight and a bit of colour. I rubbed my eyes, was I really seeing what I thought I saw? "Saki! There's a rainbow!" I exclaimed. "Don't trick me," She grumbled. I shook my head. "No, seriously!" I exclaimed. She looked up. "Wait, you're not tricking me?!" I shook my head. It looked like she spotted the rainbow too, because she dragged me and Katashi towards that direction. "Ouch!" Katashi exclaimed. "We can walk by ourselves," I told Saki. Saki groaned. "Fine. But don't blame me if I go too fast!" She let go and began running. Ha! She forgot I got 1st at the last track race. I immediately passed her. Katashi was pretty fast too, and kept up. Saki though? She was a little slow.

"Slow down!" Saki exclaimed. I looked back at her. "Then we won't see the unicorn you want to see so much!" I told her. She grumbled but sped up.

A few minutes later, we got to the front of a big weird building. It looked really old and had a bunch of fancy designs. Cobwebs and vines were scaling the building. Everything led up to it being abandoned. And unfortunately, it was blocking our way to the end of the rainbow. I could hear Katashi gulp.

"Do we have to go in there?" He asked. Saki nodded. "According to my calculations, yes," Saki stated. "It looks like some kind of haunted house," I mumbled. I saw Saki put on her brave face. She marched over to the door. "Come on!" She exclaimed. I nodded and followed. Katashi shook his head. "Nu-uh. I am NOT going into that creepy house. Like, Chinatsu said, what if it's haunted!" Katashi exclaimed. I raised an eyebrow. Saki leaned over to my ear. "Could you help me convince him?" She whispered. I'm really good at convincing people (and burning people).

"So you want to stay out here? What if a GhOsT comes, and we're not here to help you?" I asked teasingly. I saw him gulp. "Ok! I'm coming!" He rushed over and hid behind me. I groaned. Saki opens the door and it creaks open slowly.