Chapter 1

It's a rainy Saturday morning, and I'm up early. Why you ask? Because it's the weekend! Duh! I pour myself a bowl of Cheerios and grab milk from the fridge. After pouring it, I dance into the dining room and over to a chair and start munching. Oh, how I love the taste of this sweet goodness.

"Chinatsu, why are you up so early?" I turn around to see my sister Aki. "It's the weekend! And there's so much to do!" I exclaim. Aki sighs. "You're supposed to sleep in late on weekends. Not wake up early," She scolds lightly. I shrug. "What's the fun in that?" I ask. She only groans. Aki stomps upstairs, and I hear her whisper something about kids being annoying. I turn back to my bowl of cereal. A few minutes later, I hear another pair of steps. "Hey, Chinatsu!" I grumble not wanting to turn away from the bowl. I swallow. "What," I whine. "Nothing." Groaning, I finally turn around. "You're annoying," I tell my twin brother. "I know you are but what am I?" Katsu roasts. He then proceeds to dab.

I finally finish my cereal and walk in the direction of the sink to put my bowl in. On my way, I kick Katsu in the shin. "Ouch!" Katsu exclaims. "What was that for?" He groans. "Payback," I state simply. He glares at me.

After I put my bowl in the sink, I run up the stairs. I make sure to walk quieter as I pass mom and dad's room. I slip into my room. The window seat at the corner of the room makes it clear that it's not raining, but it's pouring. 'Pokemon! Gotta catch em all!' My phone rings from my desk. I rush over as quickly as possible and accept the call.

"Hello?" I ask.

"Chinatsu! Hey!" It's Saki! "Hey, Saki!" I greet her. "What's up?" I ask. "I read a book about unicorns, and it said that they appear at the end of rainbows. And based on my calculations, there's a 92% chance there will be a rainbow! Can we go find it?" She replies. I blink. Saki is really good at math, so her calculations should be right, but she believes stuff way too fast.

"Um, Saki I don't think they'll really be a unicorn," I tell her. I can hear Sakis baby doll eyes. "Come on! Please, pretty please with sprinkles on top," Saki begs. I groan. "Fine." She squeals. "Yay! Get ready! Meet you at the big oak tree in 10." "What? It's pouring!" I exclaim. "So? If we don't go now, we'll never make it out, and by the time we're out, the rainbow would be gone!" Saki tells me. Well, she makes a good point. "Fine. Bye!" "Bye!" I hang up.

I walk over to the closet. My finger runs through the selection of clothes. Finally, I decide to wear a pale pink hoodie, a pair of blue leggings, a belt with pockets, and my signature earbuds around my neck. I tie my hair up into a style that looks just like Koharu/Chloe's hair from Pokemon journeys. I put my water bottle and phone into my belt pockets.

I slip back downstairs and head to the front door. I grab my boots from the shoe cabinet and slip them on. Then, I grab my raincoat. I put it on and rush outside.

A/N: The calculation is actually just some random number I made up. Also, this is from my assignment for school and I decided to also upload it on here cause.... wynut?