1.3 Hearthstone x Reader x Blitzen

Alex will be going by she/her pronouns for the majority of this chapter 

It was the afternoon of the talent show. You were beyond excited to be invited and (possibly) participate. The crowd is always a sucker for a terrible karaoke performance and you promised Magnus that if he needed another act that you would step in. 

You and Alex have just finished shopping for last minute decorations (Halfborn and Mallory may have gotten into a fight again and burned multiple table cloths and dish ware) and were returning to your home to get ready for tonight. 

"Alex, we should stop and see if Blitz and Hearth are at the shop." You suggest with a wide smile on your face.

Alex grinned crookedly and hooked your arms together. "You want to go visit your boyfriends again? I was trying to go practice my performance for the show tonight."

You blushed and avoided the first thing Alex said. "And what exactly are you planning to do? Magnus said you were going to do some magic trick too. I didn't know you were into that kind of stuff."

Alex unhooked her arm from yours and stood dramatically beside you. "Since you are clearly a fan of mine, I will give you a quick sneak peek to my performance."

She ran her fingers through her hair. "Ladies, gents, nonbinary, and the rest of the alphabet mafia, my name is Alex." She bowed playfully. "I am a girl and for my trick I will be turning myself into a boy." She clapped her hands twice. "There you have it folks. The power of gender fluidity."

(If that is offensive to anyone lmk and I will change it. I was told by a  few friends that it wasn't but I will happily fix it if that offends someone!)

You clap and practically snort at what Alex just did. "But... it doesn't work like that does it?"

Wrapping an arm around your shoulders, Alex pulls you into Blitzen's shop. "No, it doesn't. But that's how a lot of people think it works because they don't take the time to understand anything."

"Sadly, you're not wrong about that." You sigh. Before you could ask her another question, you noticed the dwarf and elf in the back of the store having an argument.

Blitzen frowned and scrunched his eyebrows together. You just had to tell y/n about the magic show!

I panicked! You're just mad because y/n didn't compliment you on your ducks! Hearth gestured back with just as much emotion.

Blitz face palmed before responding. I don't want to fight over y/n. We're best friends. We shouldn't let someone separate us.

I agree. If y/n likes one of us, the other should be happy. Hearth replied reluctantly. They have been going at it since the day they met you. Enough was enough. He couldn't pretend like he didn't want you to choose him though.

You waved your hands frantically to gain the young men's attention. The intense argument appeared to be dying down. Alex nudged you playfully and motioned for you to walk over to them.

Blitzen noticed you first, quickly turning away from the conversation he was having before. "Y/n, hi how are you? Excited for the show?"

You made sure to face both of them in a way that Hearth could read your lips if you couldn't come up with the correct sign to go with your words. "Of course! I can't wait to see giant ducks and a hailstorm."

They both blushed at your teasing. Hearth rolled his eyes and signed, That is only part of the show. We have something exciting planned just for you.