3.0 Leo x Reader

In this, the reader will be a child of Poseidon, as requested

Apparently, there was this unspoken rule about which cabins could date each other. There were rivalries that existed and there were certain lines that were meant to not be crossed. You didn't see what the big deal was. They say that Hades kids shouldn't date Apollo kids because one was darkness and one was light, but look at Nico and Will! No one said a thing to them about their relationship (probably because they didn't want to be attacked by a skeleton), so why was it such a big deal that you liked Leo Valdez.

Oh, yeah, because you were a child of Poseidon. 

It was bad enough that Poseidon had two kids, despite the Big Three pact against it. The last thing you needed was the unwanted attention that would come from dating a fire bender.

"Fire and water just don't mix." Drew made sure to mention when she gave you your tour around the camp. "Light and dark. Ares and Athena. Demeter and Hades isn't a good mix either when you think about it. Death and life, even if it's plants, contradict."

You don't know how you got lucky enough to have her as your tour guide (sarcasm). She overthinks things. Sure, a camper's powers may be totally opposite of their significant other's, but that doesn't mean social order has to break down.

So, when the person assigned to teach you how to use your powers ended up being Leo Valdez, the short and quirky boy who caught your attention from the moment you arrived, you knew that Aphrodite was setting you up to break all of the rules Drew threw at you.

Leo created a set of moving targets for you to practice aiming for with your water bending abilities. It took you two months of training to level up to this, so you were excited to finally get a bigger challenge. You would have done a lot better today, if it weren't for the Latino boy throwing flirtatious comments your way.

"Hey, your face is really red. Should we call it a day? I don't want you to overwork yourself." Leo noticed your blush, but mistook it as exhaustion.

Your face felt like it was on fire. (See that's proof that you water and fire can mix.) You huffed in embarrassment and shot one last blast of water in the shape of a spear at the targets. Of course, you missed by three feet.

"I just need a second. I can't focus." You complained and plopped down in the same spot you were just standing in.

Leo grinned and sat on a nearby log. "You know, it's gonna look like you pooped your pants when you get up. You sat in the mud from all the times you missed."

You screeched and scrambled up from your spot. Sure enough, a giant brown stain covered your pants. You used your powers to quickly clean off the stain and dry yourself off. "You are to tell no one about this, Valdez. I mean it!"

"I don't know, y/n. I think Percy would love to hear about this when he comes to visit this weekend." He teased. "What happens if I tell anyway?"

"Then I'm going to make sure your worst nightmares come true." You glare at him, poking a finger into his chest.

He laced his fingers with yours, pulling you into him as he stood up. A look of shock instantly covered your face as the blush returned. "My worst nightmare is that I won't get to see your lovely face everyday. If that were to come true, who would teach you how to use your powers?"

While he may have looked confident on the outside, on the inside he was concentrating hard on not allowing his nose to catch on fire from blushing. Leo talked a big game, but he honestly never expected to get anywhere with the people he liked. Heck, he thought he won over Calypso, but she fled as soon as he brought her to camp. Now here he was, holding the hand of the most beautiful person he had ever seen and all he can do is make cheesy remarks.

"Are you saying you dream about me, Leo?" You smirk, trying to match his vibe.

He laughed. "Oh, of course, amor. I'm sure you must be tired everyday because of how often you run through my mind. Maybe that's why you struggled to hit any of the targets today."

You hummed. "Or, maybe I missed all of the targets because the only thing I wanted to hit on today was you." You had no idea where these pick up lines came from. Maybe you were spending too much time with the son of Hephaestus.

"My lips volunteer as tribute to be your kissing target."

You could tell that he didn't actually expect you to kiss him, but if he thought you were going to let him win this, he was wrong. You quickly put your free hand behind his head and pulled his face towards yours. You allowed your lips to connect with his for a moment before pulling away just as fast. "Your wish was my command."

"For my next wish, I wish for you to go on a date with me." He didn't know this, but his ears were currently smoking. You decided to bask in this moment and not tell him how hilarious he looked.

"The Aphrodite cabin won't like that. They're afraid of the opposites to lovers cliche. If Drew even finds out that I kissed you, the whole camp is gonna fall into chaos." You sigh and pull away from his embrace. "I'm already the most hated camper here since I'm not as awesome as Percy and accidentally flooded the pavilion twice."

"I'm pretty sure you're tied for the most hated camper with Nico di Angelo and me. Apparently, rigging all of the Aphrodite's cabin makeup with radioisotopes that makes my mini robots chase them all day is 'cruel and unusual' punishment."

You giggle and punch him in the shoulder. "Why the Hades would you do that anyway?"

He shrugged. "Some of them were still giving Piper a hard time even though she helped save the world from Gaea taking over. I decided they deserved at least one day of misery since they gave Piper so much hate."

You smiled at him. You could tell he looked at Piper as if she were his sister. You admired the friendship that they had. "Alright, that response alone makes you worthy of one date with me. How does (favorite restaurant) sound?"

Question: Your opinion on frogs? ( @beaniebelle )
A: I honestly really like frogs and wouldn't mind having a small one as a pet. I want to have 2-3 reptile/amphibian pets (I have a turtle now and want a gecko) so I wouldn't be against having a frog!

Questions>>>>