Stars | 7

My eyes shot open, though it was so dark, I couldn't see anything. I grabbed my phone to shine a light on whoever was in the room with me, but it wouldn't turn on. Shit. It was dead. As quickly as I could, I made a break for the stairs, falling over myself and the steps as I clambered my way up them and ran down the hall, finding a door and bursting into the room, closing the door behind me. I could actually see in here, there was a nightlight. An eagle night light. I'm in Alfred's room! I quickly ran to him, shaking him.
"Al! Alfred! Wake up!" I whisper-shouted as I kept shaking him. He wouldn't wake up. I gulped as I inhaled sharply. "Hamburger!"
"Where?!" He shouted, eyes shooting open and feet now on the floor. I turned on the light, hyperventilating a bit.
"Alf, there's someone in your living room, they asked me who I was, I couldn't see them because it was dark, help!" I pleaded between breaths, still trying to catch my breath. He laughed a bit.
"That's my brother's bear, it's okay, Y/N," He laughed. Bear? Like a teddy bear? That talks? Aww, I didn't know Arthur had a teddy bear. Wait, why was he down there? I shoved away the thought when Alfred spoke again. "Well, since that shook ya up, wanna sleep in here, dude? I can take the couch, and-"
"No!" I shouted. I didn't mean to, but all this is making me recount what happened before. Before I came here. "Um, can we both stay in here? Please?" I asked. Alfred thought for a minute, then nodded. He started to walk to his closet, then pulled out a bunch of pillows and blankets.
"What are you doing?" I asked.
"You'll see," He replied, piling all the pillows and cushions at the bottom of his bed. He grabbed all the blankets and piled them onto it and stuffed a few under it.
"Extra bed," He winked. I laughed a bit at that. "Now are you gonna sleep there, or am I, dude?" He asked. He seemed excited about it.
"I'll sleep there, no way I'm letting you have that," I laughed. He pouted.
"Damn it, Y/N!" He shouted. I laughed even harder as he started laughing with me. I let myself fall back into it, the blankets managing to fold around me and encase me. I laughed even more uncovering my face. Alfred walked back into his closet, then ran toward me. I shielded myself as he jumped over me, onto his bed.
"That was awesome!" He yelled. He clapped and his lights turned off. "Betcha didn't know they could do that!" We both laughed. He yawned. "Well, g'night dude! I'm hittin' the hay! Again!" I gulped quietly.
"A-Alright, goodnight," I replied. I laid in silence for a bit. I knew Alfred was asleep already, but I couldn't help myself. Memories of earlier flooded my head again and tears already pricked at my eyes. I hesitated for a moment before I called out to him.
"A-Alfred?" I called, voice cracking slightly. Suddenly, I heard his bed creak a bit and his face appeared at the bottom of it, looking at me.
"Yeah, dude? What's wrong?" He asked, trying to whisper, but not doing a very good job at it. He saw my face and sighed gently, a concerned and sad look coming to his face. He reached down and dried my tears. "I knew there was a reason I felt like I should stay awake." The bed creaked again and he was back at the top of it. I sat up and saw him hit something on his bedside table. Blue stars started to project onto his ceiling, giving the room a nice, calming, blue hue to it. He kicked back on the bed and grabbed something from the other side of it. An acoustic guitar. He smiled at me and motioned for me to lay back down, so I did. Suddenly, sweet music filled the room. He started to sing.

"Fly me to the moon,
And let me play among the stars.
Let me see what spring is like,
On Jupiter and Mars.
In other words, hold my hand."
I could hear the smile in his voice. He was so calming. I could feel the warmth of his voice envelop me. I could feel myself starting to drift.
"In other words,
Baby, kiss me.
Fill my heart with song,
And let me sing forevermore.
You are all I long for,
All I worship, and adore."
And with that, I drifted to sleep.