His House | 3

"Are you okay, Y/N, dude? You didn't even touch your food." Alfred asked. I shook my head, snapping out of my thoughts.
"Uh, yeah.. Just not as hungry as I thought I was." I lied. Alfred got up and slammed a 20 on the table, people looking over yet again.
"Well, let's go, dude!" He yelled, going up to the counter. I cleared my throat.
"I'll, um, meet you outside. I need some fresh air." I stated and quickly walked out of the bar. I took a few deep breaths of the cold night air, I felt like I was going to be sick watching Alfred eat like that. There's something really off. I don't know how long we were in there, because it's getting dark now. Alfred walked out of the bar, giddy and happy-go-lucky as ever. He took a step into the falling darkness and sighed happily, looking at me.
"Ready to go, homie?" He asked me. I hesitated, then nodded. He took my hand and I yelped in pain. Damn finger! "Oh Gosh, I'm so sorry, did I hurt you?!" He shouted, kneeling and taking my hand gently. He saw the bruise on my knuckle. "Did I do that?!" He looked at me in a panic, tears almost welling up in his eyes. I shook my head quickly.
"No, no! Alfie, you didn't do that, it's okay, I tripped and sprained my finger earlier, it's okay. You know how clumsy I am." I stated, laughing. He laughed with me. That's the Alfred I always knew. A sort of calmness washed over me, that odd feeling went away. He took my other hand and we began to walk.
"Say, Alf, why don't we ever go to your place? We always seem to go to mine, and mine's kinda small. Wouldn't it be better to go to yours?" I asked. He tensed up again.
"No! I mean, um, my brother stays there, I wouldn't, um, I wouldn't want him to make you uncomfortable." He stammered. I laughed a bit, smiling at him.
"You know he wouldn't bother me. Especially if he's anything like you!" I said. He looked down.
"It's, ah, messy." He stated. I could tell he didn't want me to go to his, so I let it go, shrugging. We walked to my house and he opened the door for me. I smiled at him and stepped in. He leaned against my doorway. As it got darker, his eyes almost seemed to glow. And not the blue they usually are, no.. A reddish color. They almost seem purple in this kind of light. He talked to me as normal, though, and we said our goodbyes. He even hugged me. I went to bed that night with a bit of an uneasy feeling, but I'm sure I had nothing to worry about.

Right?