Chapter 13

After we had settled Lois and Barbie in with Becketts mum, who had gone full on mama wolf on them. Including bathing, feeding and storytelling, I hugged Lois before she went up to sleep in one of the pack rooms above.

I walked in the garden with Beckett and he hugged me from behind but I was still angry at how long those babies were left alone and worried about the taken children, where would Lillie have taken them and why.

"I need to see the bitch!" I growled out.

"Which bitch?" Evan asked as he came up to us.

Beckett growled and tried to get me to hug closer to him, which just pissed me off more than I was before, shaking out his arms I paced around.

"That Lillie bitch!" I growled. "She kidnapped the children during the attack!"

"She did what?" Evan growled. "Where is she?"

We both whirled on Beckett making him flinch back before he seemed to remember he was the alpha wolf here.

"She would be in the infirmary, you scared and hurt the she-wolf quite badly." Beckett said with authority in his voice.

"Are you saying I did wrong, would you rather mate her now?" I growled, I knew I was being petty but I was so angry I could only see red now.

"What? No of course not you are my mate, as I am yours!" Beckett was taken back from my outburst.

"So let's go see what the bitch knows!" Evan growled loudly.

"Yes!" I exclaim as we both start off towards the front of the house, but as we got in the house we hear Beckett from behind us, making us turn to him.

"Hey, you think that's wise?" Beckett asked.

"Is there a reason you are trying to protect that waste of fur?" Evan growled. "Was she delusional or were you with her before we came to town?"

Hearing Evan say those words, my heart constricted and tightened at the thought that he was with her before me.

"Hell no, I just have to think about the welfare of my wolves. She may have been troubled but she is still one of my wolves." Beckett growled getting in Evans' face.

"Where was this worry for the kids?" I growled lowly, feeling my cat get more riled at the man's behavior in front of me, even that weird place in me was growling. "Where is your worry for the kids that were left alone long enough to be stolen? Or that no one noticed the babies were gone?"

Beckett shuffled back now and I could see the hurt and self loathing coming onto him.

"I was-was wrong!" Beckett seemed to choke on the words, which would be normal as a Alpha does not like admitting he was wrong. "I let them slip and I failed them as their Alpha and protector, but I need to protect what pack I have left now!

Looking at the man in front of me who was so sweet and only hours ago made my cat purr, now he makes me shudder and shake in anger. My cat demanded we find the cubs and to do so we need to leave our mate, growling the word in my head my cat has lost the spark she felt for the male in front of me. Feeling a hand grasp mine I saw Evan had seen I was close to the edge, ignoring the possessive growl coming from Beckett, Evan pulled me to him and into his hold.

"Kitten, calm down" Evan whispered softly in my ear, making me calm and deflate from my anger. He always had this reaction in me, I felt my cat settle in me but not calm fully. She really wanted to find the cubs or more rightly they were wolves so pups, but my cat hissed and corrected me that they were innocent cubs.