Chapter 5

Waking up I feel warm and safe, not a feeling I have felt a lot of in the last 10 years. Feeling an arm holding me to a warm chest I look down and find Evan has still got a hold of me, picking his arm off me and untangling our legs as I get up. Hearing him grumble in his sleep I turn to see his face fall in a pout at the loss of our contact.

Laughing I walk to the bathroom and grab a quick shower, brushing my hair up into pigtails, leaving the ends to dry into their natural curls at the end. Dressed in short black jean shorts and a low cup white V necked top, I leave my face clear of any make-up, just can't be arsed really to flaff with it today. Feeling my nerves get worse as I think that todays the day, the day I go home and I worry about what I may find there and how they will react to my resurrection.

As I walk out I hear a wolf whistle, pun intended. Evan is sat on the edge of the bed in his black Jeans but top less, looking at his muscled chest I whistle back making us both laugh.

"Ready kitty?" he asked using an old nickname he liked to use now and then, everyone did not understand why he called me that. Guess his Alpha will understand now.

"As ready as I can be!" I answer, feeling nerves bubble in me. "Its not everyday you come back from the dead!"

"True, you will be fine kitty. Just remember you did what you were told to do and nothing more!" He reasoned with me and my nerves.

"You are right, still. And I worry what has been keeping my parents from calling me!" I explain.

"Well, we will find out today. I will be there with you the whole way!" Evan tells me as he hugs me, hugging him back I calm down slightly.

"Thank you bestie!" I tell him, feeling him kiss my head through my hair. I feel my belly tighten at the feelings I am feeling for my best friend, but I have to remember he has a mate out there. "Well get dressed and we can get this over with!"

Laughing he backs away grabbing his shirt from his back, a button up dark green shirt. Showing off his broad shoulders, his black boots and a black leather jacket he is ready to go.

Pulling on my black vans, I leave off my jacket and stuff it in my bag. Swinging on our bikes we both pull our helmets on, we may be stronger and faster healers but a cracked skull will still hurt or maybe just kill us.

Cruising slowly towards the town I once called home, I smell scents I have tried to forget over the years. Scents that call to me and make me feel at home, this was home. In a way it still feels like that, but a part of me feels that the feeling is more reminiscent than true feelings.

As we glide over the town lines I hear feet slapping the road from the side of where we entered, looking at Evan I wink and pull my visor down covering my face and speed up. Over the roar of our engines I hear Evan laugh and speed up to match me, we both laugh at the wolves following us. Understanding if they had an attack recently they would still be on high alert. But they are slow and should have heard our bikes long before we were able to cross over the town lines.

As we go through the town, old memories flash through my mind. Going past where I was found as a babe to where I had my first kiss in the park at 12 years old. A pre-teen curious on why it was in every show we watched, I remember all but bribing Beckett into kissing me, thinking about him and his brother I see the hospital up the road and thinking if anything had happened to my parents they would be there.

Parking up beside each other me and Evan stayed on the bikes as the warrior wolves surrounded us. As I look to the hospital I see two grown men leave the doorway at speed, both coming to stop in front of us.