Chapter 16 - Who is Layla?

Well that was a quick update :D I felt like I kind of rushed with this one. Hope it doesn't sound too horrible. Also, I'd like to dedicate this chapter to CateyBug123 because her first comment is what inspired me to continue this story. I thought no one really like until she came along and ever since then, I've been passionate about this story. Plus, her books are amazing! So props to you, girl! And thanks. Enjoy my lovelies ;P

Dimitri and I spent all of today in downtown Rome, taking in the sites and visting restaurants were the cuisine was just... Amazing. He even took me to view the ruins of the  colosseum, something that I always wanted to see in person. Overall, I had the best day with him.

    At the castle, we decide to take a dip in the pool out back. I've been suffering in the smoldering heat for hours. The coolness of the pool water against my skin sounds so enticing right about now.

    Upon entering my room, I take a quick shower in order to clean off the sweat and dirt from my body.

    Drying myself off, I wrap the towl around my body and open up the closet. Turning on the light, I place my hands on my hips, my eyes scanning over the mountains of clothing. Any girl would commit cold blood murder to have a closet like mine. I just find the clothing selection a little bit too overwhelming. Call me a tom-boy, but I'd rather walk around in old jeans and  a T-shirt than parade around in a dress or a skirt. Terri always hated that about me. She would always tell me that I had the perfect curves and hips to wear a certain pair of jean, and that my boobs were the perfect size. I swear that I love that girl.

    After looking aimlessly through random drawers, I finally run across a drawer full of bikinis. And skimpy ones at that. I shake my head in annoyance, glaring at Dimitri's taste in female attire. Why did my soul mate have to be such a freak?

    I run across a basic black swim suit and untangle it.

    The top is a halter push-up that, once I put it on, pushes my boobs up and out, showing a tremendous ammount of cleavage. I tie on the bikini bottoms and examine myself in the mirror. "My ass cheeks are huge," I say to myself, frowning. Once again, Terri always tells me that she would kill for an ass like mine, then would smack it and wink at me.

    Running a brush through my silky hair, I grab a towel and as I place my hand on the cool silver knob, I notice something in my room for the very first time in the month and a half that I've been here.

    There, etched into the cherry oak door, are the initials, written in feminine hand writting, LB.

    I trace my fingers over the initials, my jaw dropping in bewilderment.

    How is it that I've never noticed this engravement before? It's right above the door knob. Maybe I've never really payed attention to it. Until now.

    Who is LB? I thought that Dimitri told me that no one else has ever had this room before, besides me.

    Staring at the initials one last time, I swing open the door and make my towards the pool.

    I see Dimitri taking a couple of laps around the pool as I approach it. He doesn't notice me until I set my towel  down on a near-by chair.

    "Don't you look good enough to bite," he says as I sit down on the edge of the pool and dangle my feet in the water.

    I guess that the flash of horror that crossed my face when he said that was pretty fucking hilarious because he bursts into his booming laughter. I kick water in his direction, only causing him to laugh harder.

    I roll my eyes as he swims towards me and rests his arms on my legs. "Don't you just love my sense of humor, babe?"

    I chuckle and shake my head. "You're not funy."