Chapter 18 - A Best Friend's Advice

If you read my previous note, then you already know why it's been awhile since I've posted. But for those of you that don't, my internet has been off for awhile and I don't know when it'll be back on. I just got some wifi today so here you guys go. I have a feeling that you all are going to hate me after this chapter. Pleaseeee don't be upset.

I broke up with Dimitri a week ago.

    But that hasn't stopped him from trying to fix things.

    I don't think that I can forgive him for the things that he said to me. Emotionally damaged? I told him about the things I've been through out of confidence because I knew that he wouldn't judge me. But the way he just threw that back in my face felt like my heart was ripped out of my chest. Never did I expect to hear those words come out of his mouth, and it hurts. And the way he talked about Adelaide hurt me even more. I should've known that I wasn't the only one. Not even a male vampire can go over a thousand years without having any female companions. Silly me.

    I lay underneath the heavy blankets on my bed, just staring into the darkness. Even though it's getting hot under here, my body just refuses to move. I'm not the one to sit around my room and be depressed all day. But then again, I've never had my heart broken before.

    My bed sinks underneath the weight of a person sitting next to me and I tense. "If that's Dimitri, I advise you to leave."

    The blanket is ripped off of me and I cringe against the coolness of my room. Someone abruptly opens the curtains, bathing my room in an unbareably bright light. "What the hell?" I say, squinting against the light to make out the person that interrupted my pity party.

    "Now I know that you're not sitting up in your room feeling sorry for yourself," Terri's voice rings through my room.

    I groan, turning around on my bed and throwing the blanket back over me. Terri snatches it back off. "Get up, Corey," she demands.

    "No," I gurmble, placing a pillow over my head.

    "Either you get up, or I'll make you."

    When I don't move, she sighs in frustration. The next thing I know, I'm pulled onto the floor.

    I slowly balance myself up on my arms, then glare at Terri. "I hate you," I growl.

    "Love you, too," she says, smiling.

    I roll my eyes and get up off the carpet. "Why're you even here?" I ask, rubbing my face.

    "Well it's nice to see you too, sunshine. Dimitri told Jacob what happened between the two of you and he told me, so I decided to check up on you."

    I sigh, sitting back down on my bed next to her. "I'm fine," I mumble.

    "Corey. When I walk into your room and you're still in the bed at 5:00 in the evening with the curtains closed and the covers over your head, I know that there's something wrong."

    "Terri, I'm okay. Honestly."

    "No you're not. Corey, Dimitri is your first real relationship. I've seen how you two have looked at each other. You're in love with him, just as he is with you. Don't tell me that you're just gonna break it off like that. Yeah, what he said to you was wrong, and I can only imagine how much it hurt you. But deep down inside, you and I both know that it hurts you even more to not be by his side. When are you going to forgive him?"

    I look away from her as tears form in my eyes. "I don't know." My voice sounds small and cracks.

    "Corey, you can't mope around all day. It's not healthy for you. You need to forgive him, not just for him, but for you."