Chapter 13 - Feeling Some Kind of Way - Part Two

Yup, another short chapter. Sorry guys. School has been rough. But since it's been a week since I last uploaded I wanted to give you guys something to read. This is just like an update on how Corey and Dimitri are doing in their relationship. The next chapters will have all of the juicy stuff and secrets :) Can't wait! But anywayyys... Enjoy! Please vote and comment. You're greatly appreciated.

    It's been almost two weeks since I told Dimitri that I wanted to take things slow, and in those few weeks, I've allowed myself to feel some type of way towards him. And he's been nothing but a sweetheart to me. Dimitri has showed me a completly different side of himself. When I look into his eyes, I see something that I've never seen with any other guy that I've been with: I see love. Genuine and true love. He truely does love and care for me. I don't want to let my guard down just yet, but I will admit that my feelings for him are growing and growing everyday.

    The sun sets over the ocean as we walk hand in hand down the beach. Warm sand caresses my feet, the cool breeze and smell of the ocean transporting me back to the summer days that Teri and I would spend at the boardwalk. We were never at home during the summer. The boardwalk was like our second home. You'd always find us there whether we were soaking up the sun on the beach or taking a drive on the go-karts. Those were the days that I never wanted to end. Life just seemed to be so peaceful, so simple.

    "What're you thinking about?"

    I didn't realize that Dimitri's masculine arms were wrapped around my waist behind me as we gaze at the sunset. It feels like a scene from one of those love stories. The couple stands on the beach, watching the sun as it sets beyond the horizon, telling each other all of their secrets and wishes and how much they've managed to fall in love with each other.

    "I was just thinking about Jersey," I say, letting him place soft kisses on my neck. "My best friend Teri and I were always at the boardwalk during the summer. We were never at home. This beach just reminded me a little bit about the one at home. I'd spend most of my time there."

    He hugs me tighter and places a kiss on the top of my head. "You must really miss it."

    "Yeah... But it's okay. I'm happy here, too."

    "Really?"

    I nod. "I miss home a lot. I miss Teri and Mom even more. But I'm also happy here. I'm happy... With you."

    I turn around and look up at him, smiling softly. He softly rubs his thumb against my cheek and smiles brightly. "As long as you're happy, then I'm happy."

    We stand there for awhile just gazing into each other's eyes, my hands resting on his chest and his arms wrapped around my waist. For the first time in two weeks, I realize that the only time he kissed me was in this exact spot, the night he confessed everything to me. I assume that it's because he didn't want to push any bounderies. I must admit. I've been dying to feel those heavenly lips pressed against mine. That night he kissed me, all of my feelings for him came crashing through me. That one powerful kiss.

    Dimitri rakes his fingers through my hair. The tips of his fingers softly brushing against my bare skin makes me shiver. God, even the slightest touch makes me feel feelings that I've never felt before. Why does he make me so crazy?

    "Dimitri," I say. "Can I ask you something?"

    A slight flash of panic crosses his features. "Sure. What is it?"

    I sigh. "I don't want to sound clingy or needy but... Why haven't you kissed me since that night we had dinner with your parents?"

    He relaxes and laughs. "Well... I know that things haven't been easy for you lately, especially after all of the news that were just dropped on you. I just didn't want to rush things. Because when I kissed that night Corey, I didn't want to stop. And one day it might lead to... Other things, and I know that you're not ready for that yet. So that's why. Trust me, I really want to kiss you."

    "Well what's stopping you now?"

    He grins. "If I kiss you now, then I won't be able to stop."

    "That's a risk I'm willing to take." Without letting him protest, I lean in and place a soft kiss on his lips.

    I pull back slightly and look at him, wondering what his next move will be.

    He cups my cheeks in his hands and looks deeply into my eyes. I begin to wonder what's on his mind as a smile plays upon his lips. I'm drawn in closer to him, the sensation his lips bring dulling all my senses. For that brief moment, I forget everything that I've been through in the past month. My only focus right now is the way that Dimitri's lips connect perfectly with mine.

    Every single kiss makes my guard grow weaker and weaker. I can't seem to control myself when I'm around Dimitri. I get butterflies everytime I'm with him. His slightest touch sends shivers down my spine. The feels of his lips softly touching my neck makes me melt inside. I've never felt this way towards anyone before. Honestly, it kind of scares me how attracted I am to Dimitri, physically and emotionally. We've only known each other for a short time, but yet I feel as if I've known him forever. He really is my soul mate... I can feel it.

    Dimitri places one last lingering kiss on my needy lips then pulls away.

    I lay my forehead on his shoulder and place my hands on his chest, wanting more.

    "Well I'll be damned," he says. "Looks like I've gotten you addicted."

    I punch him lightly in his abs. "I am not addicted," I protest.

    "Yes you are. It's so obvious that you want me."

    I laugh into his shoulder and he rests his chin on my head.

    We stand there, holding each other in our arms for awhile. The cool ocean water nips at my toes. I close my eyes and breathe in his sccent. His chest rumbles as he softly laughs, making me smile. "What's so funny?" I ask, looking up at him.

    He smiles down at me, brushing a lock of hair out of my face. "I was just wondering what I did to deserve you. I just don't know what I'd do without you, Corey. You mean everything to me, and I don't want to lose you. I won't lose you."

    "You won't lose me, Dimitri," I say. "I'll always be here by your side. No matter what."

    Another heavenly kiss is bestowed upon my lips.

    "I love you, Corey."