Hell yeah

"What you trying to do? You're looking like some trouble"

My feet thudded against the ground as I picked up the pace but I seemed to still be moving to slow, my breath was uneven and my vision was blurring.

I could see Mel sprawled out on the ground, there was so much blood.

I felt like a weight was on my shoulder as I fell to the ground, I couldn't reach him in time.

I laid on the cold road and cried. I heard footsteps and felt a presence next to me,

"This is your fault! You let me brother die I hate you!" August screamed at me.

I part my lips to tell him I tried to help, I tried to scream for him to get out of the way, but no sound came out of me.

"Everything is your fault!"

I wasn't just hearing August's voice anymore I was hearing more than one voice, some from my troubled past.

I cried and cried but no sound could be heard from me as the voices shouted.

"Why'd you let them kill me J?" Mel asked as he looked me from where he laid on the ground.

I opened my eyes and glanced around quickly to make sure I was actually awake. My cheeks were damp from tears and I took shallow uneven breaths.

I let out deep breaths to try to control my breathing but instead I began sobbing.

The dream had felt so real. It was like I was there reliving that night again. I wiped my eyes and sat up, I definitely couldn't go back to sleep after that.

I glanced at the clock that sat on my night stand, the bright green numbers read "4:45 AM". Nothing was on my schedule for August today except for the the album release party, but I knew If I closed my eyes I would see Mel again.

I started to feel uneasy just thinking about having to be in that dream again , so I went against what my body desperately wanted and got out of bed.

I left the house and decided to go to the studio first. August recorded other songs that weren't going to be on the album and a couple remixes I wanted to make sure we're finished before telling the label and trying to get promotions for it.

I walked into the building and greeted the receptionist before walking to August's usual studio room, when I opened the door I was shocked to see Jeremih in the booth.

His voice filled the speakers as he sung with the best, his eyes were closed and he looked so concentrated.

I was in complete awe as I stood there and watched him, I had heard his popular songs like 'Birthday Sex' and knew he could sing but this was something different.

The song ended and he opened his eyes, he noticed me and a smile graced his lips.

I waved shyly and watched him step out of the booth, "That was really good." I complimented.

"You think so? It's for a track August wants me on," he said with a smile still on his face.

"Actually that's what I'm here for, Kian is everything almost finished with the unreleased material because the label needs to know." I said to the producer.

He nodded, "Yeah it should be done by tomorrow."

I nodded and looked back at Jeremih to find he had never taken his eyes off of me, I averted my eyes to the floor and bit my lip, "What? Why do you keep looking at me?" I asked.

He grabbed my chin and forced me to look back at him, "Cause you bad ma'." He said simply as he took a step closer to me.

I shook my head and let out a light laugh at the cheesiness of that, "Are you coming to Augusts album release party tonight?"

"Yeah and I can only hope you'll be there?" He questioned with a smirk.

"Yeah but for business." I said with a smile.

"Mhm we'll see," the same smirk remained on his lips, "it was nice seeing you again though Jazmine." He said.

How close we were was making a little nervous, my eyes tried to focus on his but all I could look at were his lips.

The way my name rolled off his tongue made my stomach erupt in nerves and I suddenly felt like a school girl.

"So I'll see you later then..?" He questioned.

I nodded and gave me a smile before I left the room, all I could think about was August's warning about him. I rolled my eyes and shook my head as if doing that could get it out.

August didn't know shit, from what I could tell Jeremih was a cool guy and he actually payed attention to me unlike August.

I still couldn't wrap my head around why he was being such an ass, his whole being just pisses me off and I start to wonder why I don't just quit working for him but then I remember the paycheck I get at the end of every month.

I climbed into my car and tapped the steering wheel with my fingertips as I thought about what to do next when I remembered I'm going to need something nice to wear for tonight.

The mall was empty when I got there probably because it was still so early.
I went to numerous dress shops to find the perfect party and couldn't find one until I went into 'Always Summer'; I found the perfect black dress.

After purchasing it I headed to the venue to check on everything.

"No the black banners need to me over there," I told a couple of guys handling the banner.

Things were coming together in the small club. The color scheme was black and a dark red; black balloons were placed by the small stage, and put on some tables that were placed in front of lounging couches.

I smiled at how good everything in the room looked so far, there were a couple more things that needed to be done before tonight but I think everything is going to be perfect.

Thanks for the sweet comments telling me to get better, I am thankfully day by day!

Now about this chapter

The dress jazmine has on in the picture is the one she's going to be wearing that night.

Also do you guys think I should answer individual questions at the end of every chapter or no?

What do you guys think?

I want to know what you guys want to see/read next, it's all about Yall so don't be afraid to leave ideas or a plot twist you think is going to happen!

Small spoiler next chapters going to be a little...crazy, August will show maybe feelings for Jazmine? Who knows.

But the night will definitely be far from perfect.