Chapter 2

"Dustin come on!" Mom yells. I run around my room, grabbing a shirt from the floor I probably wore a week ago.

"Dustin i'm not gonna tell you again!" She yells.

"I'm coming!" I yell, grabbing my book bag.

"Don't forget about football tryouts today." My dad says, grabbing a piece of toast from the counter.

"See y'all later." I say, walking out the door. I get into my neon green jeep and head over to Jax's house, who is my best friend. He stands outside of his house and he hops in.

"Ah yes! Another year of winning games and pranks and dares and parties!" He says, laying the seat back. I laugh and shake my head.

On the drive to school he complains about how football tryouts are a bitch and people from last year's team should just transfer over.

"The most beautiful building in the world." I say as we pull up.

"Lord have mercy." He says.

"What?"

"The girls got hotter." He says.

"Keep it in your pants."

"Nothing like a back to school greeting from the HBIC!" He says, jumping out of the jeep. I grab my book bag and he does the same. We walk inside the school and instantly people are talking to us.

"Jesus Dustin! I might need some of your supply." A guy on the football team says, grabbing onto my bicep. I laugh.

I stop at my locker and put my stuff inside. I turn around to see a cheerleader talking to her friends, watching Jax and I. One bites her finger and smiles. I nod at her and walk off. I hear them giggle behind me.

A few classes and hours pass. During English, my phone vibrates.

Jax: Look who's late for class.

I turn around and look in the back. Colin Hayes, the schools gay guy, walks in, fist bumping his psycho sister. He looks over to emo, all in black, serial killer looking girl named Nova Dixon, who nods at him.

Me: Yeah so what?

Jax: Well it is the first day of school. What's better than a little fun to start off the year with?

Me: What do you have in mind?

Jax: Wait until this class is over, we will gather some of the guys.

Me: Sounds like a plan.

When class finishes, I walk into the guys locker room where Jax already has a few guys seated.

"Alrighty guys. Let's have a little fun shall we?" Jax says, walking out of the locker room. Thankfully we find Colin alone, without his two side bitches. He turns around to see us all following him, so he quickly turns and heads to the bathroom.

"Wrong choice buddy." Jax says. We follow him into the bathroom, and stand in front of the stalls he is in. The bell rings for the next class and he comes out.

"Howdy." I say.

"Look guys. I don't want any trouble. I just want to get back to class." He says, trying to walk past Jax.

"Where the fuck do you think you are going?" Jax says. The other guys laugh. He tries to pass him again, and Jax punches him in the stomach. The other guys start hitting him too. I hit him a few times, but lay off.

"Get out of here." One of the guys says as Colin scrambles to the door.

We all go back to the guys locker room, getting ready for football tryouts. The guys that helped beat up Colin brag about it to the other guys.

"You should have seen his face!" Jax hollers. Everyone laughs. The locker room door opens, and a shorter person walks into the room.

"Well hello there." Jax says, smiling. The girl wears a black hoodie, black pants, and black shoes. She walks straight up to me.