30. Adulting sucks.

This song. ❤

Samayra POV

I look at Tarun completely flabbergasted, as he stands up from the sofa and walks towards me

"Hey muffin.. How are you?" he says, his voice sending whispers down my spine, and comes closer to me.

Ambar's stance stiffens and before he could react and I looked at him, giving a warning glare, my nails digging in his arm. He stops right where he was.

"Hi Tarun.. I am great. How are you?" I say, trying my best to not break down crying right here, and not let dad get suspicious as he had extended his arms to hug me but I just took his hand for a quick handshake.

I would be lying if I said his touch that didn't affect me.

You can't spend 21 years of your life with someone and forget them in 3 years. That's just not possible.

"I'm fine.. You look.. good.. so different.. Never imagined you to be wearing... that.." he says pointing to my outfit with a very heavy embroidery and an even heavier jewelry.

Yes, he was right. This wasn't me. I was a jeans and t-shirt kind of girl, who wore plain suits if I had to on any religious occasion.

And now, I was wearing an outfit that weighed nearly 5 kgs. This wasn't me. But this was expected of me. I just guess this was me growing up.

Living for others, instead of just myself. Thinking of others, before me. Instead of my 'No fuck given' attitude before.

"Thank you.. I guess.." I say as Sabina clears her throat.

"How about you sit down, Tarun? Gina wants to serve tea." Sabina says and Tarun had to take a step back and get seated, but his eyes never left me.

"Excuse me.. I just.. need something in my room." I say and run up the stairs, closing the door shut and break down on the floor crying.

Muffin..

He called me muffin..

Like he didn't see the wedding bangles in my arms and as if he doesn't have a daughter.

As if we were still toddlers, and he would happily give me his toys. Or Teens where he would sneak in video games and 18+ movies, so we could enjoy them together. Or even as college students in a long distance relationship.

We weren't. We were two grown ups, having our own families.

"Ayra.. Open the door.." I hear Ambar say, trying to push the door open and I don't respond.

"Sammy, it took you 2 years of therapy to get rid of your suicidal tendencies. I swear if you try anything I'll kill you with my bare hands.." Sabina says banging her hand on the door.