14. The confession

I look at this woman, who I met not even a week ago and I have already begun to admire her

I look at this woman, who I met not even a week ago and I have already begun to admire her. Her aspirations and dreams..and above all, Her strength..

And when I entered this room, she was on call with her father. She turned to look at me, and the detective in me knew she had been crying as her eyes gleamed with a hint of tears.

And now..I sat near her, what started as an attempt to make her feel better, going some other direction.

"So.. she wants you to divorce me ?" she says wiping the tear off her cheek and I instantly feel the need to cheer her up.

"Why? Are you already in love with me?" I say teasingly and she looks at me confused.

"I know I am charming and I very well know that you are falling for me.. That's why you think that you can't live without me.. So I won't let you die.."

I say with a very serious look, as the worry lines on her forehead dissipate forming a furrow, her both eyebrows rising towards her hairline.

"I won't divorce you.." I say and break the serious act laughing out loud.

"You are so deeply up your own ass that you thing the world revolves around you.. but let me tell you.. I don't care.." she says after pointing an accusing index finger, and getting up, picking the night suit she had taken out earlier and going to the bathroom to change.

I sat there thinking about how adorable she looks shouting in anger when her phone rang.

Vikram calling..

It said, as the memories of the first night when I met Samayra at the precinct came to my mind and I looked at the time.

9:48pm.

Why is a suspect for the drug racket, calling my wife so late at night..

I pick it up and put it to my ear.

"Sammy, I have this.." He spoke without waiting for the other side.

"Who the fuck do you think you are.. calling my wife with a nickname? Her name is Samayra.." I growled.

"Your wife? Are you that Inspector guy ?"

"I am an SP, four ranks above an inspector..and 3 ranks below the commissioner"

"Look whoever you are, hand the phone to Sammy.." He says almost with kindness in his voice.

"Call her Dr.Samayra.."

"Dude if you don't give her the phone and she finds about it later, She's gonna chop your dick off and feed it to the pigs.." he says.

"Excuse me.." I say trying to sound offended, but I was kind of scared.. I had no doubt, because by now I knew, that this woman can do anything..

"She's a vet, Castration isn't very hard for her either.. She's a pro at it, no post-surgical complications guaranteed.. So, if you don't want your own balls in your dinner tomorrow give the phone to her before the camel dies.." He says and I actually feel threatened as the door opens and she walks out wearing a tshirt and shorts.