Code Name

I don't own Naruto

Wolf POV

Hmm.. this kid seems a little curious about me. I want him to not be afraid around me, so i'll answer some stuff.

"What's your name?" The blonde haired boy asks. I don't think I can say that just yet. I'm under an Anbu mission. If this drags out, i'll tell him my name, but for now i'll use my Anbu code name.

"Wolf" I tell Minato's boy.

"Wolf is a weird name."

"Wolf is just a Code name for me since I am in the Anbu Black Ops." I tell the child, who still looks quite sleepy. "What's your real name?" He seems curious, but I don't wanna say that yet, who knows who he could say that to. "I'll tell you some other day, alright little guy?" I look over and check the time. It's only 3:00 in the morning. I'm surprised he isn't so sleepy—

The next thing I know, he is laying on my shoulder, drowsing off. I slowly lean him back onto the pillow. I tip toe out to the table in the kitchen. I remove my mask, and ponder on what to do. I'm sure that now that i've been around so long he will pick up on me following him by my chakra. I'm not too sure on how to handle this, but I'll do what's best for him.

The next thing I hear is Naruto's cries

Did someone try to sneak in?! Is he hurt?! I sprint to the end of the hallway and I find him laying in my bed, which looks way too big for him. His eyes are closed tight, but he's whimpering and tears are flowing. He is dreaming, I think. I thought to myself as I sad next to him on the bed. I rubbed his back in circles and was softly speaking too him, trying to wake the tiny blonde.

"It's okay, I'm here. I'm here. Nobody will hurt you when I'm here. You're okay." I whispered to him. He slowly awoke, sniffling and tears stained his cheeks. "Hey, it was just a dream." I spoke to him, trying to calm the child. Before I could say anything else, the boy latched onto me, hysterically crying. "Everyone's gone" Was what I could make out from his muffled, tiny voice. "I'm not gonna leave you. I'm staying with you." I can feel my shirt getting a little wet from Naruto's tears. He isn't hysterical anymore, but the tears keep flowing, and he seems so terrified of everything. I do know he flinched so much when I would try to touch him before, but now he won't leave my side. Maybe not wearing the mask makes him more comfortable around me? I thought to myself as the boy kept hugging me. No matter, I need to calm Naruto down before anything else. I Laid down on my bed, with a tiny little indent in the sheets. I layer against the pillow, and got myself comfortable. I picked up the little blond and put him down on top of me. I can see he is so tired, but he is too afraid to let sleep take over.

"Wolf won't leave you, you know that?" I say, trying to hide the sadness and worries in the tone of my voice. All I get from Naruto is a sniffle. "I'll protect you. I swear. You not gonna be alone anymore. I'll make sure nobody ever hurts you again, alright little man?" I'm petting his head and making my breathing slow. He seems more calm now. "Now let's get some sleep." I feel the tiny boys head relax, I can tell he lowered his guard. The blonde's ocean blue eyes slowly close, and his breathing becomes slow. He Is asleep now. I don't want to sleep just yet. I think to myself. I kept watching him sleep, making sure nothing happened to him until my eyes couldn't keep themselves up anymore. I drift into a deep sleep.

The next morning I wake up to the blonde curled up next to me with my arm around him. I ruffle his hair. "Wake up sleepy head." I say as His eyes begin to open. He yawns "Morning, Mr. Wolf." That makes me feel old. "Just call me Wolf, alright?" "Alright!" He says with a tiny smile, a genuine smile. "What do you want for breakfast, you look pretty hungry." "Wamen!" "Alright, alright. I'll get on that." I leave and go to the kitchen. After 20 minutes of getting the ramen into a dish and onto the table, I walk back in to my room, where I left him. I freeze in my tracks.

He's gone.

==============================================================================

Hello, Hashi here :). My goal for every chapter is 600 words, and i've passed it so yay. Thank you for 8 reads, i'm very happy and I hope you all are enjoying. Writing is something I really like to do so I hope others are enjoying my work as well!

words: 835