afterglow [chapter 4]

My heart was racing as they fought right in front of me. What could I do? I didn't want to get involved. Trace was really aggressive when he was defensive.

I couldn't help it, I had to do something. Blood was gashing from a wound on Beau's leg. It was a knife wound.

"Beau!" I cried,

None of them lifted from the fight.

I tried again, this time aiming my words at trace.

"Trace, get off of him!" I yelled.

He got up off beau and faced me. I stared into his eyes that were full of rage.

"Who is he!" he roared at me with a tone I'd never have thought he'd use on me.

"Huh!" he spat at me, I stood silent and intimidated.

He inched in closer to me, totally forgetting about the bleeding boy on the ground.

He spoke again this time in a demanding voice.

"Who . Is. He" He questioned in different syllables, reaching and putting his arms around my waist.

I felt a warmth when I was around him. I hated it, I still loved him though I wanted him out of my life. He was extremely persuasive and irresistible. I found myself inching in closer to him.

No! I thought, this can't be happening! I'm over him and want nothing to do with him. Why were my emotions trying to tell me otherwise?

I found the strength in me to push him away but his hands were still interlocked behind my back.

I looked down at beau who was still on the ground wincing at the pain in his leg. I felt sympathetic for him but I turned back to Trace.

"Nobody" I finally answered his question.

"He's nobody"

Trace looked at me with loving eyes; I hated it when he did this to me. One minute he'll be angry at me and the next he'll love me.

He inched in even closer and I found myself hugging Trace. He was warm and comforting as I lost myself in him. I rested my head on his shoulder and spied Beau trying to get up. He was failing because of the pain he was in. I wanted to help him, I couldn't stand here hugging Trace when he was injured like that and knowing Trace I won't be together with him again tomorrow. I wanted out of his embrace of evilness. I pushed myself up off of his chest. He looked at me, his eyes gradually getting harder as time progressed.

"I need to help him" I said.

He suddenly lost all touches of affection and asked 'why?'

"Because he's hurt" I looked towards beau. But what shocked me was that he was no longer there! I moved Trace out of the way and realized he was completely out of sight. I was surprised. His struggle was just a facade, He was strangely well enough to sneakily disappear without me knowing. He had a habit of doing this.

"I better go" I told Trace,

"I'll come with you" he urged.

I hesitated and stayed silent.

"Look, babe I'm really sorry, you deserve much better than me. I want to make it up to you"

I waited for him to continue but he stopped there. I shifted my weight to the other foot.

"Dinner at my place?" he suggested.

I didn't know if I wanted to get back with him. When I was with him and he was in the loving mood, I would melt in his embrace but I knew in my heart, deep past my emotions that he was not good for me and I should move on for my own good.