Chapter 7 and 8

Chapter7

Frankie

I hated this, being away from them, losing them all after everything we'd been through. I felt the hot tears burning my face as they slid towards my lips, filling my mouth with a salty taste. I longed for them, I didn't even know if they'd gotten back to sanctuary safely. How could I have done this to Jensen of all people? He was so sweet, so kind and loving. He was the only man I'd ever loved, and the only man I ever would love. With each second that passed I became that much further from those I'd come to know as family, would I see their faces again? Would I ever hear Tamara's laugh or see Jade's proud, loving face or look into Jensen's pool green eyes? What about Finn, despite our not so pleasant first encounter he'd become like a little brother to me, I loathed not being able to see him grow into the fine man I knew he was going to become.

'Are you alright?' Nikkita asked concernedly.

'Yeah, I'm fine,' I answered wiping the tears away.

I couldn't even begin to explain things to Nikkita, while she had been distancing herself from me I knew that these last few weeks had hurt her so much. I didn't want her to feel guilty for me leaving everyone behind.

As began to fall into a pit of sadness, I remembered what Jade had told me.

'You have to go away with her,' Jade told me.

'I can't leave Jensen, I love him,' I replied.

'I know you do, but Nikkita being here, having to watch you two is torture,' she said.

'I hate this, I love them both. I can't bear the thought of hurting either of them,' I cried.

Jade put her arms round me as I cried, the two people I loved the most were hurting because of me. No matter what I did, someone was going to be hurt. We stood in the keep of the castle, while I cried and Jade held me.

'And they both know that, but if you don't be with Nikkita you'll always wonder what could have been,' she told me.

She was right, but that didn't make it any easier. Nikkita had never given up on finding me, she'd searched for five long years, I owed it to her to try. I would always love Jensen, and I knew he would never stopping loving me. He would be alright, Jade, Tamara and Finn would take care of him. He had his family, but Nikkita had no one. It would break my heart to lose him, but if I stayed with him I might grow to resent him for being the reason I didn't go with Nikkita.

'You're right, but we've got so much going on. How can I just leave?' I asked her tearfully.

'Assuming we get the help we need, when the battle is over and everyone is safe, just go. Don't say a word to anyone, just leave. I'll take care of Jensen, you need not worry about him,' she replied smiling.

With one last hug, I wiped away my tears and decided to make the most of the time I had left with my family. I wouldn't just miss Jensen, I'd miss Tamara's laugh and jokes, I'd miss Finn's optimism and bright smile. I'd miss Jade's kind nature and a getting advice from her. I'd even miss Izzy who just sat watching everything silently.

I knew the plan for Jensen and everyone was to go back to sanctuary after the battle, so they wouldn't come back here. I felt a little envious, when we'd met Vera and those from Sanctuary they'd told us all the luxuries they had. Fresh food, farm animals, actual houses to live in. The memory of that haven flashed in my mind, oh how I longed to apart of something so vast so safe.

As we approached the large metal gates, I saw people on top of the wall standing with-holy crap they had guns! I looked at Jensen sitting next to me, to see the shocked yet joyful expression on his face. We'd decided that Jade would be the one to talk to them, given that she'd had dealings with them before. We pulled up just an older man called down to us.