Chapter 3 [SWQ]

January 29, 2011 (12:35 am)

So, it's like really early in the morning and I've just finished chapter 2. I'm not going to upload it just yet, though. I want to wait until the sun has actually risen. It's funny, though. I've always been able to write better at night. Well, I was born at night, so I guess it's fitting. On a harvest moon, too. I resemble Dani in that way.

Oh, and guess what! I'm eating Ice-Cream again. Hey.... after practice, I DESERVE it!

[PIc is of the necklace]

_________________________

Dani's P.O.V.

When Jace said those things, I felt really guilty. Sure, he'd screwed up, but that didn't change the way I felt about him. I'd always love Jace no matter what. He was my mate and nothing could ever change that.

My eyes were all red from crying, but they weren't puffy or swollen. Mostly peoples' eyes get that way when they cry, but mine don't. Lucky for me, too, because it's really unattractive. I mean I know Jace wouldn't mind, but still. I was a girl. What do you want from me?

I opened the door and looked at him. His face was torn and he looked awful. "You know I'd never want that," I mumbled and looked away from him.

He sighed. "Dani, I really messed up." I wanted to say something sarcastic, but it really wasn't the time for that. "Please forgive me."

This time I sighed and met his eyes. "How could you do this to me, Jace? It's my birthday and you forgot. How could you do that?"

"Dani, I know. I'm more sorry than you'll ever know and I don't deserve to be forgiven at all, but I've just been so caught up in the mission that I've lost a sense of what really matters. I'm so focused on getting you to stay that I'm...I'm..."

"Losing me in the process anyway," I said quietly.

Jace came over to me and wrapped his muscular arms around me. I pressed my face into his chest and leaned into him. "Don't say that, love," he said. "Don't ever say that. I can't loose you. I love you way too much to allow that to ever happen."

"I love you, too," I whispered into him. He lifted my face up to look at him.

We were having a moment here. I loved it. Jace and I hadn't been together like this in forever. How badly I longed to kiss him, but of course, he had to break the moment. "Come here," he said quietly as he pulled me to the bed.

Was he going to.....?

No of course not. We'd both sworn not to until after the rouges had been killed.

Together we sat down on the bed. He sat cross-legged and I sat next to him. He reached out of his pocket and pulled out a long, black velvet case. When he handed it to me, I looked at him. "Open it," he encouraged me.

I took the box with shaky hands. Before I opened it, I trailed my fingers over the top. It was soft and smooth. Tentatively, I opened it and gasped.

Inside was the most beautiful necklace I'd ever seen.

It had a silver chain was about twelve inches long. I knew that when I wore it, it would lay perfectly around my neck. Toward the center, the chain began to get more intricate. It had a series of Celtic knots leading up to two circles on both sides. Inside the circles were crescent moons. Finally, in between the two moons, was a beautiful stone. It was kind of clear, but still had a blue tint in it.

All in all, the necklace was the most beautiful thing I've ever seen.

"It's a moonstone," Jace murmured. "Happy birthday, baby." He kissed my temple.