Chapter 17 [SWQ]

April.....23! 2011 (1:50 pm)

Sorry, forgot the date for a moment there.... Vacation can do that to you.

Speaking of vacation... it was okay. Not the greatest I've had, but not the worst... (still pretty down there though) I'm just glad I'm back. Even if the weather was like A LOT better than home. Even so, I just wanted to come back. I guess you can say I felt homesick, but I don't think that was really it.....

Anyway.... Chapter 17....

______________________

Jace's P.O.V.

She was going to do something she'd always regret. She was going to get hurt.

What hurt the most was that she thought I'd be better off without her. How could she think that? The pack loved her and so did I. We just had an argument. Maybe the biggest one we've had and I should've been there for her, but how could she think these things? I loved her more than anything.

I left my truck on the side of the road after cutting the engine. I took off for the forest and once I was out of sight, I stripped out of my clothes. After hiding them and my keys under a rock, I shifted into my wolf form. Then, I sprinted towards LakeForest to find my mate and get her back.

Dani's P.O.V.

Now I had two options here.

One: Kill Tokala right away and risk finding out valuable information about what he knows. This information would be something really useful to me because apparently Tokala was right. We were the same, in a way. Whatever he learned about what he was, it pertained to me as well. This was the only chance I had to find out who I really was.

Two: I wait. I find out how he became who he was. There was a lot I didn't know about myself. Harvest Moon Werewolves are so rare. How is it that two were born within the same century; the same decade! (Judging on how old Tokala looked.)

I guess I really only then had one option.

This was a kind of information that I needed. If I could get him to talk, then I would be able to find out his weaknesses, as well as some of my own. I already had one weakness. Maybe if I could find out the rest, then I'd be able to do something to shield them when I got into some kind of trouble.

After taking a breath, I turned back to Tokala. "All right, talk then," Dani said. "What's your story?"

Tokala laughed. "You think it's going to be that easy, Danielle?"

I growled and slapped him across the face. "You have two options here," I said with acid coating my tone. "You either tell me what I want to know... or you die a slow painful death. And don't think I won't make it that way. You've done more than enough to me to deserve that."

He sighed. "I was like you. I had a human family, but only a sister. Long story short, she died and I went rouge, but the thing is when Harvest Moon weres go rogue, they don't loose themselves like regular weres do. It's one of our advantages"

The way he said "our advantages" made me shiver, but I covered it with a cough. "What are the other advantages?" I asked substituting the word "our" this time. There was no "our" for Tokala and me. That word was only for Ja-

There was no "our" for me anymore. I was alone.

"Really, there's only one other major advantage," he said. "But it's also a disadvantage."