Chapter 21 [SWQ]

May 4, 2011 (6:15 pm)

All right, so this is the last chapter for this book with Dani and Jace. I will be writing The False Mate next. The I will start of the third book for the Lone She-Wolf Trilogy.

One more important announcement.... The U.S Congress has decided to pass a legislation removing the gray wolves in Montana and Idaho from the endangered species list! One question....

WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU THINKING!?!

Seriously? There are only 1,200 in that area and they need to survive. The wolves are going to be losing their federal protection this week (Thursday). Why don't you just wipe out the human race for all that matters? I'm so pissed off because of it. I mean there's billions of us. Why don't you limit our population!?

Favorite Quote here...

"The wolf is neither man's competitor nor his enemy. He is a fellow creature with whom the earth must be shared."  - L. David Mech

So freakin' share the world with them, you selfish, ignorant, morons! They deserve to be here just as much as people if not more!

If anyone wants to read the article, PM me or I'll have it posted on my page.

Chapter 21 now....

_______________________

Jace’s P.O.V.

When I woke up that morning with Dani by my side, I smiled and pulled her closer to me. She slept so peacefully and I could watch her like this for days. The soft beating of her heart and her warm, smooth skin on mine. I lived for moments like these.

All of the sudden, she smiled in her sleep. That movement of her soft lips made my own lips curve into a smile. She must be dreaming. I chuckled softly as I buried my face in her hair. She smelt amazing right now.

“Jace,” she whispered. I moved back and looked at her. Her eyes were closed. Was she talking in her sleep? I tilted my head to one said. Before I knew it, her lips were on mine. The shock from it made me unresponsive at first, but then I closed my eyes and kissed her back.

When she pulled away, she smirked at me. “Thank you for carrying me to bed last night,” she said softly as she pecked me again and wrapped her arms around my neck.

I chuckled softly. “It’s all right,” I said softly. “I like having you in my arms.

She blushed and hid her face in her pillow. “Jace,” she groaned.

That only made me laugh louder. “Come on, babe,” I said trying to control my laughter. “We’ve been together for over five years and you’re still blushing!”

“Shut up,” she whined. “Don’t make fun of me. You’re just so damn adorable and…” She trailed off.

I grabbed the pillow and looked at her. Her eyes were closed, but her lips were unguarded. Carefully, I leaned down and brushed my lips softly against hers. When I pulled away, she looked at me. There. Now I could see her eyes. Her beautiful, emerald green eyes.

Giving her one last gentle kiss, I got up and pulled her out of bed. Glancing at the clock, I groaned. It was almost noon. Dani looked at me questioningly. I shrugged and headed for the bathroom. She started to get up and make the bed. Instead of taking my shower right away, I watched her until she was finished, smiling to myself.

When she was finished, she looked at me. "What?" she asked. A small smile played on the corners of our lips. I shook my head and smile.

"Nothing," I said. "I'm going to take a shower." I paused and smirked. "You look like you could use a relaxing shower, too."