life in Hastinapur

"So, the attendants have arrived!"
Dussasan said. "Go and bring our footwear."

The wrestler who was showing the Pandavas in said,
"Kumar, we were give orders to escort the Pandavas in the palace."

"I wasn't talking to you!" He snapped, then looking at the Pandavas he said,

"I was talking to these six servants! Come and greet your new masters!"

Bheem did not like this attitude one bit, he stood still, his fists clenched.

"Anyone who makes friends with the servants is a servant himself!" He added. The other Kauravas cackled.

"Come, and greet us! Your new masters!" One of them said.

"Of course," Yudhishthir said, turning to Nakul, Sahadev and Anu he said,

"All three of you, greet Dussasan."

"But jesht!" Nakul protested.

"Do it Nakul," Yudhishthir said firmly,
"Dussasan is elder than you, you must show your respect.

"Respect is not determined by whether one is older or younger!" 
A voice said. The Kauravas turned and smiled as Duryodhan marched towards the front.

"It is determined by whether one is superior or inferior! The sons of king Dhritarashtra never greet anyone! Rather everyone must greet us!"

Bheem balled his hands into fists. Duryodhan continued,

"All six of you had better touch our feet and greet us, NOW!"

"We are also the five sons of king Pandu!" Bheem said controlling his anger.

"Yes! The king of the woods!" Dussasan barked. " He used to rule over birds and animals!"

All the Kauravas laughed.

"The coronation ceremony of Hastinapur was conducted by our father. If you have any doubt, go ahead and ask!" Bheem said confidently.

"Bheem don't argue!" Yudhishthir said sharply. Turning to Duryodhan he said,

"We will definitely greet you Duryodhan, but you should know, if anyone who doesn't have the right to be greeted is greeted, he will become a sinner."

"Doesn't the prince have the right to be greeted?" Duryodhan asked confidently.

"Had your coronation happened Duryodhan?" Arjun asked confidently, knowing he wouldn't get an answer.

"Durbhiksh will tell us." Bheem said smirking.

"I will answer your question rajkumar." He said. " It hasn't been conducted yet."

"I don't require a coronation!" Duryodhan snapped. "Only I have the sole right to the throne! It is my birth right."

Bheem was beginning to lose his cool. Duryodhan continued,
"Before Yudhishthir greets me, tell your sister Anu to greet all of us. As you know she is also our slave!"

Bheem, Arjun, Nakul and Sahadev nearly launched themselves at Duryodhan but Yudhishthir stopped them with a look. Turning to Duryodhan he said,

"Duryodhan, Anu will not greet you as a slave. From today, we will treat you all like brothers, because from today we will all be known as descendants of kuru. So Anu will not greet you all as a slave but as a sister. Please treat her as we do. She looks up to all of us." Then he turned to Anu and in a gentle voice, said,

"Go and greet your brothers Anu."

Anu smiled and nodded her head and began walking towards the Kauravas. Duryodhan gave and evil grin and said.