The Guru Arrives

The next day Anu was seated with her brothers in their quarters. Bhrata Bheem was lying down on the cot, Arjun was scanning the fabrics shown to him by the servants, and Nakul, Sahadev and Yudhishthir were practising pranayam.

Anu was sitting and admiring the rangoli Mata had made that morning.

A few minutes later, she heard their mata come in.

"Bheem!" She called walking inside. All the Pandavas turned to their mother, as Bheem stood up from his bed and walked towards her.

"Bheem what happened yesterday? People were discussing in the palace that taashree had punished all six of you."

"Not all six of us Mata," Bheem said, "Only me. The rest of them were punished by you."

Anu and her brothers laughed. But she stopped when she saw the serious expression on her Mata's face.

Sahadev explained, "Mata, we had come to tell you about it, but you were in the middle of your Pooja , and you told us to share whatever we got between the six of us. That is why we all meditated with Bhrata Bheem throughout the night. "

Kunti turned to Bheem and asked,

"But what had happened? Why was taashree compelled to punish you?"

Bheem just shrugged and said,

"It was nothing mata. I just ate a few mangoes."

He snuck a glance at Anu and Nakul, who giggled. Kunti was not satisfied with his answer and turned to Yudhishthir and said,

"Yudhishthir, you tell me. What exactly happened?"

"It was nothing important mata." Yudhishthir said, shaking his head.

Kunti gave him a long gaze and said,
"Yudhishthir, because I might get upset, these five choose to lie. But you are not like that. But you never lie. Tell me truthfully, what happened."

"The truth is mata, that Duryodhan and his brothers are unhappy about our presence here. They intend to have us removed at any cost." Yudhishthir said.

Anu turned to her mata and said in a dejected tone,

"I tried to talk to them mata. But it seems my presence affects them as well." She felt tears sting her eyes. Bhrata Nakul gently wiped them away.

Kunti had a look of worry mixed with fear. Staring into space she said,

"I seem to now understand the meaning of what Bhrata Vidur had told me back there. Things have changed here drastically in fifteen years my children."

The Pandavas nodded in agreement.

"My children," Kunti continued with concern in her voice, " Whatever happens here, never leave each other's side. Right now, only the six of you can protect each other."

As tears stung her eyes, she added, " I have a very bad feeling Yudhishthir. A very bad feeling."

All the Pandavas felt hurt to see their mother in tears. They all went up to her and embraced her, trying to calm her down.

Anu only hoped that things would get better from then on out.

The next day, Anu was in the palace fields, playing with Dushala, as her brothers played catch with one another.

As they played with their dolls, Anu began to feel sleepy. Dushala noticed.

"Anu, are you feeling tired?" She asked.

"Yes jiji, a little bit." She confessed.

"Then why don't you place your head on my lap. It is time for my saki to sleep as well." She said.