chapter i

chapter i | gin n' tonic

A soft groan left my lips as sharp fangs punctured my neck, the crimson currency of the vampire world flowing out of me and into the person who gripped at my shoulders so desperately. I could feel the hazy connection between myself and my newly acquired pet. His bite was rough, as it always was, but his iron grip was in a way both comforting and fragile. The slightest tremble was not hidden from me and our close proximity. I found it quite adorable. We were hidden away from prying eyes, sitting on the cold stable ground with both his legs caging my smaller frame and hands holding me in place.

With one hand holding the arm caging me, I reached up with my other to pet at the mess of silvery hair buried into the nape of my shoulder. "Who would have thought," my voice was hoarse from exhaustion, "the righteous son of the Kiryū clan would fall into such addiction for dirty blood." That comment earned seemed to annoy the former human, his fangs sinking in deeper in a sort of revenge to shut me up.

When Zero finally unlatched himself from my neck, he collapsed limply against my back. A groan of both satisfaction and disgust escaped his parted lips as he heaved his breaths in harsh puffs. We remained, otherwise, silent as we allowed our bodies to catch up with time, a smile gracing my cold features when my cheek was nuzzled by the white stallion called Lily. She was a proud and stubborn creature, rightfully so, yet somehow I had gained this majestic being's favour over the past few weeks. One of the greatest achievements in my life.

Once his mind was back in order, the taller boy pushed himself away from me and stood up to dust off his uniform. I remained on the ground, my attention now on the stallion as I carefully detangled her mane with my fingers. After some moments of silence, Kiryū was the first of us to speak up.

"It's faded." Had it not been for the fact that he moved to stand closer to me, I would have thought he was thinking out loud, what with how softly his voice rang out. It was quite out of character for the hardened character he had personified himself. "What exactly are you?"

"We have gone over this," my eyes did not leave Lily as I addressed the question from the boy who towered over me, "what I am is a Common Blood who just so happens to have a few tricks up her sleeve." A cold breeze brought to my attention that my uniform jacket was still under me as a cushion and my hoodie was still half pulled down--the skin of my neck and décolletage exposed to the elements.

"That mark on your neck tells a different story." Kiryū pushed, the tips of his fingers now ghosting along the dark scars that decorated the lower portion of my neck and upper back; shoulder area. "I highly doubt Kain and Aidō would fawn over a lower classed vampire like yourself the way they do either."

Ah, so he's taken notice. Well it is not like it is any secret. "It sounds to me like you have been paying attention to me, Kiryū." A little teasing wouldn't hurt, his reactions are always so amusing. "Be careful, Kiryū, otherwise people will start to think that you've become infatuated with me."