Chapter 1 and 2

Chapter 1

Frankie

When we'd set off from Meltham to rescue our friends, we could not have predicted what would happen. We fought against mutated walkers, I faced the potential loss of all who I held dear, I even found something I never knew I wanted. In this life, love wasn't something any of us believed we could have and yet I found Jensen. All of our lives had taken more than one unexpected turn.

When we came to Scotland we scoured enemy walls and found very little breakages in their defences, we then come to Dunvegan Castle in search of safety and rest. Last night Jensen and I had cemented our relationship. I thought that we were safe here, but we were awoken in the morning to find a group of people running from a horde, among those people was the first love of my life...Nikkita. Her face had haunted my dreams for half a decade, I cried out at night fearing I would never see her again, but somehow she was here.

I could not help but stare at Nikkita, in appearance she looked as I remembered her. Gorgeously tall, even taller than me. Milky skin as pale as the moonlight, ruby red hair that fell past her shoulders and emerald eyes that had always seen right through to my soul. She had the figure of what I considered to be a real woman, curvy in all the right places with hour glass shape and large breasts that most women would die for. Nikkita wore what I called typical apocalypse attire, biker boots with dark jeans that she could easily move in a short sleeve black vest top and a thin black suede jacket that had plenty of pockets.

I felt my head spinning, it was all too much to take. How could I even begin to process all of this when one of my friends was dying?

'Are you alright?' Jensen asked as he sat down next to me.

'Yeah, I'm alright but-,' I broke off as Nikkita came towards me.

He gave me a quizzical look as I got up off the grass, I stood in front of her not knowing what to say. Here she was, stunningly beautiful woman who I had once pledged myself to. How could I even begin to explain this to the others, to Jensen?

For now, we had other things to attend to. I put on my best leader face and tried to focus on what really mattered. My friend Jillian was dying, she'd been bitten more than once and some of Nikkita's friends were injured in the battle.

'How are your people?' I asked her softly.

'Three hurt but nothing serious,' she replied plainly.

She seemed somewhat colder than I remembered, but then again who knew what horrors she faced in the last five years. I knew I wasn't the same shy, fearful girl she once knew so how could I think that she would be unchanged as well?

'I'm Tamara, thanks for the help lass,' she stood up to shake Nikkita's hand, which Nikkita took almost reluctantly.

'This is my lot, Zachary, Anthony, Brian, Yasmin, Casey, Xandra and Delilah,' she said as she went round her people.

'What's your name missus?' Tamara asked playfully.

Oh fuck, was Tamara flirting with my girlfriend? As the word 'girlfriend' swam round my head, I felt how unnatural it sounded. Oh Goddess this was the last thing I needed right now, before Nikkita could answer I stepped forward.

'Her name is Nikkita,' I told my friends not looking at them.

I saw Jensen's eyes go wide as he realised just who she was, Tamara seemed to realise too as she stopped looking at Nikkita with flirty eyes and went to sit next to Jensen. Izzy didn't know anything about Nikkita so she just looked confused, Finn just stared at the floor not saying anything and Jillian was too preoccupied with checking to make sure all the walkers were dead.