Fang

A huge group of mutants gathered outside Dr. Martinez office / tree hut.
Max and i swooped down, and tucked in our wings.

I slipped her hand into mine, knowing she would need support.
One after another, mutants registered our arrival, and they grew silent, protests and demands disappearing.

They parted, letting us move into Dr. Martinez hut.
"Max! Thank goodness!"
Dr. Martinez rushed forward, and pulled Max into a hug. Max didn't let go of my hand.
"Hey mom," Her voice was muffled as she spoke into Dr. Martinez shoulder. "Whats this big news everyones freaking out about?"

Dr. Martinez pulled back, and looked us both in the eyes.

"Its more than big news, Max. It's unbelievable news. Its like we have just discovered the moon."

"We... Discovered a planet?" I asked, a little confused.

"No, that was just a metaphor. Sit down, and we will discuss this."
She said as she pulled all the blinds shut, and locked the door.

"Okay," she started as she sat down behind her desk. "There are two discoveries, both shocking but one far more important then the other. Lets start with the important, so your brain doesn't suffer." Max's face filled with fear, then worry, then determination. She nodded at Dr. Martinez to continue.

"We have discovered that the burst of heat that came with the apocalypse was radioactive material. The strongest amount of heat was cast onto this particular island, and due to the warm oxygen mixed with other chemicals that are floating around, it developed, a kind of, well, reversed time lapse."

"Wait, so it hasn't been 2 years since the apocalypse?"

"No."

She hesitated.

its been almost 20 years."

Really short one im sorry guys but i really wanted to leave you on a cliffhanger cause im evil like that HEHEHEH 😈

Nah dont worry, next chapter is comin' 😋