Max

The hot sand greeted me as fang hauled me ashore.

He sat me down on the sand and chuckled.
"What?" Malice laced my voice.
"Im better at something than you."
He smirked, and before i could punch him in the nose, he leant down and kissed me.
All my senses seemed to flow away, until i heard a snap of a twig. I reluctantly pulled away, and we jumped into a fighting stance.

I know, i know. Paranoid me.

"Its just me, shesh." Came an unmistakable voice from the trees.
"Nudge?"
"Max! What the heck are you wearing?! Why aren't you wearing the combat boots i got for you??" She rambled on and on, but i tuned out.
"Nudge, what did you come down here for?" Fang said impatiently.
"Well, max your mum sent me down to tell you she needs you urgently,"
"What? What for?" My thought instantly flew to a million different things that could of gone wrong.
Nudge sighed dramatically, causing her curls to bounce.
"Shes says that her and Jeb's scientists have made two giant discoveries but she wont tell the flock or any of the other mutants anything and she looks like her head is going to explode from all the information and everyone wants to know whats going on..."

"Nudge!" I shout over her blabbering. "You forgot to breathe, and your rambling."

"Sorry." She looked like she wanted to say more, but i gave her my best why-dont-you-stick-to-breathing glare.
"Come quick!"
The three of us launched into the air, and were darting towards my mums treehouse before nudge could say another word.

Sorry guys, its quite short this one! 😁
Any feedback? I cant wait until i get to the point in the series where maximum ride meets another very well-known fandom ooooh its gunna be gooood 😍

Question:
Favourite maximum ride book?