Prologue

- Hope you enjoy! -

Prologue

-

Easton,

I'm writing you this to get something off my chest. For the past seven years, I've watched you. Not in a creepy way, of course. But ever since you took the fall for me in middle school, there was just something about you that drew me to you. Maybe it was your long raven hair or bright blue eyes, but you just had a vibe I couldn't get past. Even years later, I still like you. And as I'm writing this letter in the cafeteria, watching you talk to the football team about some concert you had just seen, I'm drawn to you. Other than the small encounter we had in middle school, you have no idea I exist. To you, I'm practically invisible. A waste of space my brother would call me. But that's a story for another day. A story that shouldn't even be told. Especially to you. I know after this day, school break will start, and you will go off to some great college and start a new life. Maybe that's why I'm writing this to you now. Maybe by writing this, I can finally get past this silly crush, because I know it's just that. A silly, small crush. It won't go anywhere and I need to realize that and accept it. If you haven't know I'd existed in the past seven years, I doubt anything is going to change now. I have no plan of ever showing you this. I just figured that by writing this, it would somehow get my feelings out. That in some way, I'm saying them out loud. It sounds weird, but I'm willing to try anything. Anyway, I carried on the letter for too long.

Bye,

Austen