xlvi. what the world needs now

Series Six. Episode Six. What The World Needs Now.

SITTING ALONGSIDE THE NEWEST MEMBERS OF THE GLEE CLUB.  Ruby was trying to get to know Spencer who was on the football team but he was currently getting his ear chewed off by Kitty, who was in the middle of telling him some incriminating information about some of the antics they used to get up to when they were on the Cheerios together. However before Kitty could benefit the repercussions from her now coach, Rachel and Kurt burst into the room to start this weeks lesson.

"You're lucky this time, Wilde!"  She told her friend to which was returned with an over the top eye roll from Kitty.

"Hello winners! I don't about you guys, but I'm still basking in the glow in the first of many championship trophies!"  Rachel gestured to the lonely trophy; which now she had pointed it out, just seemed quite sad.

"Well Rachel and I want our champions to celebrate another champion."  Kurt said as he went to reveal the whiteboard.

"Katniss Everdeen!" Brit hollered.

"Close. Burt Bacharach."  Rachel smiled at the kids.

"This is a good time to go the bathroom or get a snack!"  Kitty whispered to Spencer. Ruby leant forward to scold her despite actually finding it funny but was cut off again.

"Burt Bacharach has written seventy three -- count 'em, seventy three top forty hits! He's also won three Oscars, two Golden Globes, a boatload of Grammy's and his music has been featured on everything from The Simpsons to Goodfellas."  Kurt told the kids.

"And you can't help but grin when you listen to his music. His songs are uplifting and theatrical and optimistic!"  Rachel continued.

"We need to soak up all his uplifting energy as we get ready for Sectionals. Which are five weeks away but I guarantee you Vocal Adrenaline and The Warblers are doing everything in their power to regain their former glory."  Kurt finished his speech.

"But fear not. We have a secret weapon."  Kurt said, spinning towards the door where one Mercedes Jones popped her head in. 

"Is that my cue?"  She asked running in to the choir room. "Yes, I am here to mentor you. Yes, these might be real diamonds and yes my single 'Shakin' My Head is number eighty nine on iTunes. So which one of you. Wants me to mentor, you!" 

Laughing as the kids including Brit all jumped up to hug Mercedes and bask in her glory. Ruby took a glance over her shoulder to find Santana giving her the big ole' roll of the eyes at the good ole' Mercedes dramatics, making Ruby bark out a laugh. 

"Now before we get started, everyone take a seat. I have asked our very own Miss Ruby Carter to show us how it's done."  Rachel announced, gesturing for you to come join her and Kurt up at the front.

"Yes. Now I've asked a few friends of mine to join me too. So if Artie, Santana and Kurt you wanna come join me that would be great!"  She grinned; as her friends all came up to join her, Rachel already passing out the stools for them before joining the kids and sending them a big ole' thumbs up.