v. on my way

Series Three. Episode Fourteen. On My Way

THE NEWS ABOUT DAVE KAROFSKY HAD SHAKEN THE KIDS AT MCKINLEY HIGH. Despite not being one at the top of the list of people Ruby liked after what he did to Kurt but she was really upset that he tried to take his own life. Standing at her locker Ruby was contemplating what to do with her free period after she finished her extra rehearsal when she was approached by Finn and Rachel. 

"Hi. We're getting married now!"

"Right now? But I thought you had gym class?" Ruby questioned Finn, eyebrow raising at the couple.

Rachel double taked between the two best friends; horror and a small scowl etched on her face that they were so in sync. Pinching the bridge of her nose, shaking her head quickly, Rachel turned to the brunette. "No. He means this Saturday right after we win regionals."

Upon sending Finn on his way to gym class, the two girl friends made their way to the dance studio for extra practice for the weekend."You know it's scary how much you two are alike. When I suggested we shouldn't wait to get married after what happened to Karofsky, he said he had gym class." Rachel awkwardly chuckled.

"Yeah well no offence or anything to you Berry. But we're kind of soulmates!"  Ruby shrugged.

"Yeah I know and you know if anyone else said that to me I'd be jealous but I'm really not!"  Rachel smiled at the brunette.

"Anyway. I saw that you came to Sugar's party with a certain guy with a mohawk! What is going on with you two I can't keep up?"

Ruby groaned as they entered the dance studio, "Nothing. He was just being a friend. I'd had a shit week and planned on staying home as I didn't have a date. Also I'm pretty sure everyone knows that I ended our little arrangement because I have feelings for someone else."

Rachel smiled softly at Ruby.

"You know Finn had good intentions when he asked me to go with him, to try convince Sam to come back. Yeah, he was doing it for the team but he was really doing it for you. He thought that if he came back and saw you, he'd realise his feelings and you'd get your happy ending."

"And yet I've spent the last three months watching him try win Mercedes back." mumbled Ruby.

Rachel moved closer and put her arm around her friend. "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you." Ruby nodded in understanding. "I do however have a question to ask you..."

"Will. You. Be my maid of honour?"

Ruby looked at the brunette stunned, "Seriously?" Rachel nodded.

 "It would mean so much to me and Finn."

"OMG. Yes of course I will. Thank you so much!" Ruby shouted, throwing her arms around her small friend.

***

MR SCHUESTER HAD CALLED FOR GLEE CLUB REHEARSAL TO BE IN THE AUDITORIUM TODAY. Where we were all currently sat on the floor in a circle watching Mr Schue hold a jar of peanut butter with an odd smirk on his face. Thankfully Mercedes took one for the team and asked, "Mr Schue, why do you have a jar of peanut butter with one spoon?"