ii. yes/no

Series Three. Episode Ten. Yes/No

RUBY CARTER LOVED A LITTLE GIRL TALK WITH HER FRIENDS, BUT RECENTLY SHE HADN'T REALLY BEEN FEELING LIKE SHARING. The new directions girls were all sat having lunch together in the courtyard and were currently listening to Mercedes drop every single detail about her relationship with her new boyfriend Shane. And if Ruby was to be totally honest, she was currently over the conversation.

Sitting opposite her Santana dramatically rolled her eyes at Ruby, when she glanced up from the salad she currently wasn't eating, causing the girl to chuckle at the Latina. She was brought back to the conversation when Tina and Mercedes started throwing fries at her. 

"Come on tell us about Puck!" Tina enquired.

"Yeah girl, we know something serious is going on with you two?" Mercedes probed teasingly.

Ruby threw her fork into her salad bowl in slight annoyance and looked at her friends, taking a quick glance at Santana who once again was rolling her eyes at their nosiness.

"Nothing. It's Puck." Ruby shrugged, apparently that answer wasn't satisfactory because all the girls all started shouting over one another and firing loads of questions at Ruby.

"No seriously -- It was just casual, started when we were both a bit lonely to be honest. I like spending time with him. But like I already told Sam, I love him but I'm not in love with the dude. Anyway I told him I'm not into our arrangement anymore."

"It can't be just that?!"  Tina cried. "You guys were like an old married couple THEN you actually started having sex on top of acting like a married couple and now you're telling us that it was just casual this entire time?"  Tina unloaded on her; looking completely baffled.

Glancing around the lunch table; Ruby clocked all their intrigued faces as they waited for her answer. When they realised they weren't getting any more information out of the cheerleader, they lost interest pretty quickly and turned their attention back to Mercedes, now that Brittany mentioned Sam again. "Wait so what's going on with you and Sam? I see you stealing glances across the choir room whenever you think we're not looking Miss Jones!"

"Yeah come on wheezy, I want to know what went down!" Santana asked, giving Ruby's hand a reassuring squeeze.

*Summer Nights performed by the New Directions - Santana and Ruby as Rizzo's parts*

***

RUBY HAD JUST LEFT THE CHOIR ROOM AFTER MR SCHUE'S BIG ANNOUNCEMENT THAT HE WAS PROPOSING TO EMMA. Standing at her locker, Sam came running up the corridor towards Mercedes locker and was rambling about how romantic it was Mr Schue was proposing. Ruby tried not to eavesdrop but she paused for a little longer than usual. at her locker and pretended to be busy. Mercedes stopped Sam's rambling mid sentence "Look, what do you want Sam?"

"Do you think you're gonna get married one day?"

"They've got to be pretty awesome if they do end up marrying me!" she sassed back at the blonde.