Chapter 11: Tris

Before Tobias' can say three I'm pulled from behind.

"Tris!" He shouts, but he shouldn't have shouted. The guards have seen us now. But he/she pulls me away from the person, who I now see is masked, obviously not a guard.

"Shut up!" the masked person half- whispers, half- shouts. We get pulled into some kind of supply closet. But I'd recognize that voice anywhere, it's Uriah.

"Uriah?" I question, but it hardly comes out due to my shock. "What are you doing? And since when are you awake and not in the hospital?"

"I'm saving your butts. You guys obviously were about to run straight into the guards, so it's lucky I was here to rescue you. However, your boyfriend here just about got us killed. But I have quick reflexes." He says, being his normal, cocky self. "Oh and to answer your other question, I've been out of the hospital for a while now. I guess Four here forgot to mention it." Tobias looks unamused.

"Well, we were going to run because it is our only option and--"

"Or so you thought." Uriah interrupts. "You see, I ran in here, so don't you think that I have a plan."

"What's you plan, genius?" Tobias, silent until now, asks.

"Well there's an underground exit. We go down one more floor and we'll then walk through a tunnel until we reach the surface."

"I say we go for it," I say, "I mean, what other option is there? Plus, Uriah got in here undetected, so I bet he can help us get out just the same."

"Thank you, Tris." He says. "Four?"

"Yes. I trust you. I apologize for what I did to you as well. I was being stupid and I wasn't thinking. I'm so glad you're alright." Tobias says, his tone serious.

"Well, what are we waiting for?" Uriah asks. He takes the lead and I follow, Tobias shortly behind. Sure enough, there's a separate stairwell leading to the basement. We quickly descend down the stairs and we are greeted by a musty smell and a dimly lit room.

The room is fairly large but empty, besides a few chairs covered in layers of dust. This room probably hasn't been used in years. In the corner of the room, a door, barely cracked open, stands.

Tobias and I follow Uriah through the door to our freedom.

***

The tunnel was fairly short, considering it took only about five minutes to make it through the tunnel.

I hug Uriah. Then I kiss Tobias. "We're free! Thank you, Uriah!" I say with tears in my eyes.

I'm free, we're free! I think. My life can finally continue.

***

I'm alive, guys! I'm SOOOOO sorry for not updating for nearly TWO WHOLE MONTHS! My school's musical took all my free time. HSM ( yes, my high school musical was High School Musical, and it was AMAZING!) is over now 😢 but that means I have some free time now to write!

Thank you guys for reading and voting it means the world!

TRIS AND TOBIAS ARE FREE, HALLELUJAH! (Each time I tried to free them it just didn't feel right, but they're free now.)

Hopefully I can update more often now and comment suggestions for the story! Please feel free to correct my grammar errors, actually it's much appreciated! Sorry this chapter isn't long but I'm just glad it's published. Ily guys! 💗💗💗

On another note, Insurgent comes out NEXT WEEK! I am kinda scared for how it will turn out but I attached the TV spot that has 'Imagine Dragons, Warriors' in it bc that song is AMAZING.tell me your thoughts on the movie so far. I honestly think it's really odd what they're doing. The soundtrack, which contains Warriors, is only 7 songs long, one of which is just the score and they're doing a ton more advertising. They're focusing way too much on the simulations as well, they're a tiny part of the book. The new Insurgent app, which takes a TON of storage doesn't even work lol. I can't see the movie next week bc it's spring break and I'll be on a mission trip, but I hope to see it soon after!

COMMENT AND VOTE! ❤️