Epilogue I: Tris

Before you tell me, yes I know this is terribly cliché, and no I don't care. I believe a little cliché is a good thing. I love reading cliché books, actually, they're adorable. They can still be good books. With that said, I give you, the wedding. :p (and please forgive me, but I find 5 paragraph vows overly done so I'm skipping that crap and it's just 'he says his vows' and whatnot.)

***

Our lives have slowly been changed back to normal. Well, as normal as they can be. We are finally at peace, and we have all learned to forgive ourselves and each other. We are no longer dwelling on the past. We are focusing on the future and what's right now.

Today, about 4 years after my rescue, I'm getting married.

Tris Eaton. That will be my name in just a few hours. I still can't believe that just 4 years ago I thought I would never see Tobias again, and now I get to marry him.

***

I stare at my reflection in the mirror. I don't see the un-stunning, pale girl, who never stands out. I see someone totally different.

I see a girl with perfectly curled hair, a girl whose eyes are bold yet pretty. A girl who is beautiful, who I still can't comprehend is me.

The wedding is about to start. We moved back into the city about a year ago and we decided to have the wedding in what used to be the center of life for Dauntless, in the pit, near the chasm. The very place we shared our first kiss.

I don't have my father to walk me down the isle, so I'm having Caleb walk me down instead. We've grown close again, and I've forgiven him, as he's forgiven himself.

Caleb holds out his arm for me to take. "You ready?" He asks. I simply nod in reply, too nervous to speak.

We enter the room, and the heads of the few people we invited turn. I see Tobias waiting for me at the end of the path. The moment we lock eyes, a grin wider than I've ever seen on him appears on his face, and I can't help but grin as well.

I walk slowly down the isle, careful not to trip and fall. No matter how much I'd love to run, I know now isn't the time. This is the last time I'll be Tris Prior, not Beatrice Prior. I left Beatrice behind in abnegation, she's long gone. When I leave here I'll be Tris Eaton.

Caleb takes his place next to Zeke and Uriah, and I stand at the altar, looking into Tobias's eyes. I don't even listen to the speaker until it is time to recite our vows.

Tobias goes first. I follow and soon enough, I'm about to say I do.

"Do you Tobias Eaton, take Tris Prior, to be your lawfully wedded wife, to have and to hold, to cherish, in sick and in heath, as long as you both shall live?"

"I do." Tobias says, a smile forms on his face.

"Do you Tris Prior, take Tobias Eaton to be your lawfully wedded husband, to have and to hold, to cherish, in sick and in heath, as long as you both shall live?"

"I do." I say, and a grin begins appear in my face as well.

"I now pronounce you husband and wife. You may now kiss the bride."

I lean in and kiss Tobias. My skin ignites and it still feels like the first time we kissed, we're even in the same place. The more we go through, the more love we have, and the stronger our bond is.

We pull away and I say, "I love you."

"I love you too, more than you could ever imagine." I smile. He takes my hand as we run back down the isle, out of the pit. And I know what happiness is.

I know where I belong. I have Tobias, all my friends, and even Caleb. I won't have to live my life in fear anymore.

I am free.

I am Divergent.

***

Sorry this isn't longer but I'll probably port one more bonus chapter/ epilogue because you know, FOURTRIS. School is so crazy and finals start next week, yay😁.

I will be posting my TFIOS alternative ending on here soon. I posted it on fanfiction.net, but it needs editing and I like Wattpad better 😊.

I preordered The Heir so I'll get it the day it comes out next week!!! I'm so pumped bc there weren't even supposed to be more books!

Don't forget to comment, vote, and please CORRECT MY GRAMMAR ERRORS!

Ily all! THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR OVER 9000 READS!!!